Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking for a brand new MTX General 10 sub and a brand new MTX mud50.2 amp with the quick connect that fits a General made before 2020 I have them for sale.
I paid $520 for the sub and $160 for the amp/converter.
I will sell all for $550.
I live in Wisconsin.
Reason for sale, I was told by a tech person working for MTX that this configuration would fit my 2022 General, it in fact does not.

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
471 Posts
Well that blows! Are you going to continue on with the project in another direction?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that blows! Are you going to continue on with the project in another direction?
Actually I got it working. A friend of mine got a hold of a guy named Chris Thomas on a Facebook discussion group about this very issue and he walked me through it. Kudos to Chris thanks for the help!
I had to cut the wiring harness and the amp and on the Polaris general to make it work.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Can you let me know what the wires were please? I’d like to know all the info I can….gonna tear into it soon and install a 5 channel RF

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you let me know what the wires were please? I’d like to know all the info I can….gonna tear into it soon and install a 5 channel RF
I’ll learn more Sunday. We’re working out some bugs. The sub isn’t working correctly

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ll learn more Sunday. We’re working out some bugs. The sub isn’t working correctly
Same boat here. Bought all the stuff before I took delivery on my 22 XP4 only to
Find out the RC does not have sub outputs. Sounds like you figured out a few things on the wiring? Be sure to update us on that wiring if it comes out right.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Actually I got it working. A friend of mine got a hold of a guy named Chris Thomas on a Facebook discussion group about this very issue and he walked me through it. Kudos to Chris thanks for the help!
I had to cut the wiring harness and the amp and on the Polaris general to make it work.
Please share the info…..need a 5 channel BAD

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same boat here. Bought all the stuff before I took delivery on my 22 XP4 only to
Find out the RC does not have sub outputs. Sounds like you figured out a few things on the wiring? Be sure to update us on that wiring if it comes out right.
Sorry guys I forgot about updating you.
I installed the mudprc 50.2 by cutting the harness off both the amp and harness in General. There is a harness in the machine that is designated for a sub. It’s behind the ride command just floating around, it has a blue plug on the end. I connected the blue wires from the General, mudprc, and sub. Then I connected all the negative speaker wires together and then the positive. There’s very little wire to work with so don’t screw up.
it definitely sounds better but it’s obvious that the frequency isn’t correct. I had to play with the ebc and the gain control. Songs with a lot of bass require the gain to be set very low or it’s distorted.
I tried to update the ride command but it must already have the newest update since it doesn’t prompt me to update when connected to WiFi.
I’m definitely not happy with the sound but it is an obvious improvement over no sub at all.
I would not recommend the mtx sub until they figure out how to plug and play.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I installed the mudprc 50.2 by cutting the harness off both the amp and harness in General. There is a harness in the machine that is designated for a sub. It’s behind the ride command just floating around, it has a blue plug on the end. I connected the blue wires from the General, mudprc, and sub. Then I connected all the negative speaker wires together and then the positive. There’s very little wire to work with so don’t screw up.
it definitely sounds better but it’s obvious that the frequency isn’t correct. I had to play with the ebc and the gain control. Songs with a lot of bass require the gain to be set very low or it’s distorted.
I tried to update the ride command but it must already have the newest update since it doesn’t prompt me to update when connected to WiFi.
I’m definitely not happy with the sound but it is an obvious improvement over no sub at all.
I don’t see a PNP happening with the newer harness without the 3 plugs. We will need full signal HLI to an aftermarket amp, no a sub output from RC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts