Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the screw size and thread pitch is on the Allen screws that hold the center cap on MSA wheels. The dealer cross threaded one of mine and figured that it was good enough screwed half way in I guess. If I knew the size, I would get a tap to straighten the threads up before putting the new screw in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Always the best bet if you don't have a tap die set or a clue! back in the day could look at most and tell you but as I get older and with the metric thing I always check. sucks getting older!

Reactions: sunman

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir that is an option but I work away from home and was hoping to have a tap in the mailbox when I got back home because the chances of a small town hardware store having a small metric tap would be slim to none probably. Just thought someone may have already had an issue with these screws and may know the size.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did call them. They sent another screw to my house and said they would check with the factory about the size but it's been a week and I haven't heard back from them so I figured I would put it here. No big deal really. I'll just buy a whole kit of taps. One of them bound to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts