Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an issue recently with the motor shutting down my 2017 General. It just falls on it's face when on the gas as if the motor hits its "Governor". I've noticed that the dash shows that both rear tires are "Locked In" when I have the switch in limited slip. If I move the Shift Handle, it jumps back, full throttle, Icon goes back to Limited Slip. It jumps back & forth. It's getting worse. I've also had problems when putting it in Low, the dash shows "N". I move it back a little, it shows that it's in Low. The dash also shows a couple codes when it does this, steering wheel crossed out & another (in the house, can't remember the other). They go out when running normal.
I was wondering if this is just a minor Shifter/Linkage adjustment that I can make on my own or..........?
Any knowledge
able help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Camo1000

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
By limited slip i am guessing you mean turf mode.
You defiinitely have something going on. What year is it and how new? If just recently got it you better get it to a dealer to have them check it out.
If not you can probably pull the Polaris cheap skid plate from underneath the machine and see if you have some wires shorting out. Got to have a short i am guessing.
Also welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! 2017, 3,500 miles, 300 hours. I haven't had the skid plates off. But I do use it & play. As you can tell, I'm not very Polaris mechanical savvy, but I am a decent mechanic in general. I thought I may try some easy, do it yourself looks to see if I could fix myself & cheap. But if this is an issue that others have had & needs a Dealership, I'll save my time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there an electronic switch that may be loose, mounted at the shifter that let's the driver know what gear it's in that could be causing this issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would say look at the PRNLH switch on the transmission as well as shift cable adjustment. Sounds to me like you computer is thinking it’s not in gear.

my machine when in park it locks diff and when put into gear it allows turf mode. I think when you wiggle the shifter it sees the correct gear and acts normal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! That sounds ligit! I've been busy with other to do's, but I did notice the other day that there was a cable adjustment at the transmission. I was thinking the same thing maybe & was gonna give it a try.
I will let you know how that works & thank you for your reply & help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts