Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting on backorderer roof and heater. Going to add curved lightbar and upper vinyl doors once roof gets here. Anyone notice strange rattling noise when driving? It sounds like somethings loose but everything works fine. Noticed it on the first day before I added any accessories. I'm going to take it into the dealership on Monday.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Nice looking pictures #1 overlooking the water is sweet!

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
Still waiting on backorderer roof and heater. Going to add curved lightbar and upper vinyl doors once roof gets here. Anyone notice strange rattling noise when driving? It sounds like somethings loose but everything works fine. Noticed it on the first day before I added any accessories. I'm going to take it into the dealership on Monday.
Welcome aboard cooperstank!! If you look through the posts I am sure you will find answers probably front diff noise?:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Sorry Welcome to the site cooperstank!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow, great pictures! I need to get up there someday, its only two states away. The Gen 4 looks nice as well. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cooper,

From what I have been reading it sounds like you may have the front differential problem. Your Dealer will fix it supposedly but it sounds like it doesnt always work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a rattle noise on mine as well. I purchased mine Oct. 18th. Notice the noise the first time out. When I picked it up the guy told me to listen and see if it made a noise that the 2 seater General had a front shaft service bulletin. Not a recall just a service bulletin. Well noticed the noise the first time out between 20 and 30 its pretty easy to hear. Looking it over the after the first ride and notice the front left axle not locking in the diff, hanging out about an inch. So called the dealer and they said bring it in, so I did. A week later Polaris agreed to install a new axle, now I told them about the noise as well. After 2weeks its ready. Took it around the block after I got it home same noise. Spoke with the dealer and he is going to order a new front driveshaft. Said he has seen some bent and where the carrier bearing is the rubber is pushed out. Not sure if you have the same issue, but keep me posted.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the site and to General ownership NatesG4 !

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 15 of 15 Posts