Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 General 4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but didn’t see anything, so hopefully this is not redundant.

I have pod lights front and back that have been on for a couple years with no issues. The switches are junky, and are illuminated only when “on”. I decided to get some labeled and illuminated (when off, as well as when actuated) switches as an upgrade. The previous harness has power(fused)/ground > relay> then 3 wires out (white, black, blue) to the switch.
The new switches are described here:

So I connected terminal 2 to power from the previous switch, and terminal 3 to ground. When I actuate the switch I blow the 10a fuse (in the fuse compartment by the battery) that is labeled accessory.
The previous switch was part of the kit that came with the light, and there is a relay (I believe) in that harness.

So I figure it has something to do with my understanding of how that existing circuit is wired.

Forgive my ignorance, I could just rewire the the whole thing, but I would prefer to use what’s there, I’m just thrown off by the relationship between the circuit and the relay.
Thanks,
Jim
F8055442-4101-42AF-BC11-855DFB3CB0D8.jpeg

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Terminal 3 should be going to power your Pod lights.
Ground should go to 8 & 7.
6 should be powered by accessory power when your machine switch is on.
This is my understanding.

·
Registered
2018 G2 Ride Command
15 Posts
You can jump 2 and 6 as long as it is switched power as Johnny7 noted. If it is not switched the switch light will be on continuously and eventually drain the battery.

·
Registered
2020 G2 XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
518 Posts
Schematic for this switch from the Modquad website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts