Polaris General Forum banner

Moab May 2020

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  GeneralHendy 
#1 ·
By mid-May, the KOA campground in Moab was open, and we had a reservation for a cabin there. Weather was spectacular, already warming up into the '80's, and almost no other OHV traffic on the trails. The scenery in this area is nothing short of spectacular. We will be back!
Badlands Formation Mountainous landforms Wadi Natural landscape
Mountainous landforms Natural environment Canyon Soil Wilderness
Rock Formation Geology Outcrop Batholith

See less See more
#3 ·
Agreed, an annual trip would be awesome. Maybe a week or two before ROTR just to avoid the crowds. I think the first time, ROTR would be the thing to do, just to get the whole feel of it.

#4 ·
We were there May 21st-24th this year and stayed at the KOA as well. We have a 34 ft travel trailer I pull with my 1-ton Duramax and the wife follows with the General 4 being pulled behind her Expedition. We are lucky to live in Salt Lake City, so Moab is a twice a year deal for us ... May and October. Wish I had some better pictures, especially of the General 4 ... but the wife was running the camera. We also trailered north of Moab about 20 miles to try some new trails this year. Don’t laugh too hard at our kids with their fake fishing poles in the muddy creek with no fish, anything to keep them entertained. I even have an iPad mount on the crossbar in front of the back seats so they can watch cartoons while we enjoy riding, sound goes wirelessly from the iPad via Bluetooth to the Rockford Fosgate Stage 4 sound system. Our kids are beyond spoiled ...

Attachments

Reactions: TCampbell
#5 ·
I'm very surprised that you were able to visit Moab in May 2020. The Rally on the Rocks was canceled. The city of Moab made it very clear that "outsiders" were not welcome. I believe it was
the Sheriff's department that stated we were not welcome. We could not rent motel rooms, we could not eat in restaurants, they did not want us cleaning out their grocery stores.

So curious as to how you were treated.

Pirate

#6 ·
I'm very surprised that you were able to visit Moab in May 2020. The Rally on the Rocks was canceled. The city of Moab made it very clear that "outsiders" were not welcome. I believe it was
the Sheriff's department that stated we were not welcome. We could not rent motel rooms, we could not eat in restaurants, they did not want us cleaning out their grocery stores.

So curious as to how you were treated.

Pirate
Pirate, we were generally welcomed and treated well while in Moab, but on one occasion, as we were driving thru town towing our General, a guy pulled up beside us, shouting and yelling and flipping us off. Guess he didn't want any furriners in his town.

#9 ·
My brother, Dad, and myself were planning on doing a Moab trip from Canada! Started planning a few months before covid, thankfully we hadn't made any deposits or reservations yet but I can't see myself being able to see Moab or anywhere else down south for a while :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.