Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. Another mirror thread. lol!
Anyhow, I just thought I'd post because when I was buying my mirrors & brackets on Amazon, there were several reviews that said the brackets won't work if you've got any kind of upper doors. I'm always a little skeptical of reviews because I know that SO many people simply aren't mechanical...like, at all. I ordered & hoped for the best. I even scored the brackets, new, from Amazon's Warehouse for $11.

The long & short of the thing is that they do work with uppers. Sort of. They mount just fine, but because I have the Seizmik uppers that have the little plastic triangle filler piece I replaced the allen bolts the mirrors come with using a regular hex head bolt from my stash. That way I could use a box end wrench to tighten. The plastic piece won't allow you to get an allen wrench in there to tighten the original bolt.

Also, I can see fine out of the driver's side mirror, but the passenger side is basically worthless because of the black vinyl framing around the Seizmik upper. I kind of expected this but I didn't think it'd be this obstructed. It's not really a big deal, though since I've got the driver's side mirror, the rearview mirror, and the cameras.

So, if you're a little on the fence about mirrors because you have uppers, this is how they work.

As I always say, threads without pics are boring, so here. ;)

View from the driver's seat (driver's mirror)

View from the driver's seat (Passenger mirror)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm sure you like the straight angle they are at now. To me, they are way more functional

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never had them mounted before but I can see how the stock clamp would make them sit at a weird angle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree on using the correct brackets - I tried the ones that came with the mirrors and immediately went to these and they are perfect, but I don't have the upper doors. Saving the originals in case I want to use them for lights etc. I do have a second set of the new brackets if anybody can use them - still unopened in the package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts