Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunted around for mirrors that fit the Fancy roll cage. Found out that the Seizmik Pursuit Aluminum Break Away Side Mirrors that were on my ACE would work if I bought their brackets for the General. They did fit sort of. The screws that came with the mirrors and clamp brackets for the ACE are too long for the new bracket. Quick trip to ACE Hardware remedied that.

Problem 2 was the bolts on the General at the base of the fancy roll bar. One bracket manufacture put slots on their mirror bracket because of the grief many had with the nuts falling into the black hole in the tube. The Seizmik brackets don't have slots.

I used a "Top Tip" from Edd China of Wheeler Dealers. Stuff a rag in to the hole behind the bolts before you start wrenching. The nuts can't fall out of the hexagon shaped channels and in to the tube then.

As it happened, I removed the bottom bolt first and then the top bolt on the drivers side. Surprise was that when the top bolt came loose, the frame separated by about and inch. I'm 67 and no Schwarzenegger but it was relatively easy to apply enough pressure to get the top bolt to bite and pull the frame back together.

Hopefully the pictures are self explanatory. I hope this is if use to someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I actually just placed my fingers in the channel and held the lock nuts in place while wrenching. I was a bit concerned the first time that the pressure of the cage separating would be so much that it would jam my finger in the channel.
I laughed out loud then it moved .5".
The General specific brackets are nice for the mirrors. I was going to stick with the OE Ranger cage clamps but am glad I spent the extra $14. The mirrors are more useable now and overall look better.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mine still had duct tape from where the dealer used it to hold the nuts in place. Their laziness made it very easy. :)

Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
313 Posts
When I removed the cage bolts to install the filler panels for my Seizmik upper doors, I used blue painters tape to hold the nuts in place.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did a video and talked about my install. A guy commented with a really great tip: stuff a rag in the hole behind the nuts. Worst case is that the rag catches them. Best case is that they fully stay in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
I just let the Nuts drop and replaced both the Nuts & Bolts with longer ones.

·
Registered
2021 general deluxe, 2 seat
143 Posts
I hunted around for mirrors that fit the Fancy roll cage. Found out that the Seizmik Pursuit Aluminum Break Away Side Mirrors that were on my ACE would work if I bought their brackets for the General. They did fit sort of. The screws that came with the mirrors and clamp brackets for the ACE are too long for the new bracket. Quick trip to ACE Hardware remedied that.

Problem 2 was the bolts on the General at the base of the fancy roll bar. One bracket manufacture put slots on their mirror bracket because of the grief many had with the nuts falling into the black hole in the tube. The Seizmik brackets don't have slots.

I used a "Top Tip" from Edd China of Wheeler Dealers. Stuff a rag in to the hole behind the bolts before you start wrenching. The nuts can't fall out of the hexagon shaped channels and in to the tube then.

As it happened, I removed the bottom bolt first and then the top bolt on the drivers side. Surprise was that when the top bolt came loose, the frame separated by about and inch. I'm 67 and no Schwarzenegger but it was relatively easy to apply enough pressure to get the top bolt to bite and pull the frame back together.

Hopefully the pictures are self explanatory. I hope this is if use to someone.
I bought Tusk mirrors and simply mounted them on with no issues. They came with the proper hardware to begin with. Very solid.

·
Registered
2021 general deluxe, 2 seat
143 Posts
Yes, just took some. First I had the mirrors then bought the light mounts from a post on here from RGT. I'm sure he will see this post and send or post his product information. Right now, I don't know how to post pictures here. I will post them as soon as I figure it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts