Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new Polaris Red General. And its typical details that kill me when it comes to this brand. So here we go with a small list of things that were missed or are just an overlooked detail.
1)- front diff fluid low
2)- inner door panels, separate when door is shut
3)- passenger side door seal was not fully pressed into place
4)- drivers side door bushings were not installed
5)- most of the roll cage bolts were loose
Dont get me wrong I'm not bashing them, all these things were easily and quickly taken care of by my either myself or the dealer, and were found with help form this forum. Thank You guys. Haven't been able to ride it yet, going on first ride today!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Finally got my new Polaris Red General. And its typical details that kill me when it comes to this brand.(Amen brother!) So here we go with a small list of things that were missed or are just an overlooked detail.
1)- front diff fluid low (2 of my last 3 machines)
2)- inner door panels, separate when door is shut (passenger door)
3)- passenger side door seal was not fully pressed into place
4)- drivers side door bushings were not installed
5)- most of the roll cage bolts were loose (same on my first machine)
Dont get me wrong I'm not bashing them, (I do. We just don't have a comparable machine from another manufacturer yet/still) all these things were easily and quickly taken care of by my either myself or the dealer (but we shouldn't have to), and were found with help form this forum. Thank You guys. Haven't been able to ride it yet, going on first ride today!
I keep saying that Polaris has great Design and Marketing departments but they must come at the expense of R&D and Quality Control.
I remember a quote I saw on a sledding forum...
Being a faithful Polaris guy is like being in an abusive relationship...you just keep thinking, "It will be different this time". :|

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to this forum and recently bought the red general about a month ago. This may have been covered or may not in a earlier forum but....If I am not mistaken the majority of those items are dealer related. From my understanding they come in a crate and roll bar, setup, etc. is done by the dealer. So loose bolts, low fluids, (not sure about the doors (especially the seals they may come from factory), door bushings,etc. should be completed prior to sell by the dealer. However, I do agree it is a pain because the last thing you want to do it go to pick it up and have issues that need to be addressed day 1 after paying $$$.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought mine (blue) at Spicers Boat City in Houghton Lake Michigan. When I picked it up, the guy that assembled it had a tablet comp. on a private dealer section on Polaris's website. We went through 10 pages on things to check. I had to initial every page. I was there 1 and a half hours! They would not sell it until this was done. Am I the only one that did this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought mine (blue) at Spicers Boat City in Houghton Lake Michigan. When I picked it up, the guy that assembled it had a tablet comp. on a private dealer section on Polaris's website. We went through 10 pages on things to check. I had to initial every page. I was there 1 and a half hours! They would not sell it until this was done. Am I the only one that did this?

I didn't. bought it at linwood cycle

·
Registered
171 Posts

Did you actually see them check all of the things on those 10 pages?

·
1,563 Posts
I had to check too. Checked all fluids incl. diffs. Except for front diff rattle no issues at all. I checked the nuts and bolts. Even checked the lug nut torque. Like I said, I was there an hour and a half.
Cool dealer. :grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad you had a dealer prep sheet. We bought ours at Marquette Power Sports. It was sent down from Houghton Power Sports. Didn't have an inspection sheet to review and had missing push pins, bolts and a misaligned passenger door. General replaced a low mile 2012 Can Am that was too hot in summer. Overall, we like the General but dealer assembly and prep leave a lot to be desired considering the price.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

I have never heard of this before and have owned many Polaris atv's and Ranger's.

Reactions: 2722

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did my own PDI at the dealer well because I worked there. I have done plenty of the PDI's on every thing form sleds to General's. Follow the list on line then take it for a test ride. Assemble check and test all part of the process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts