Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not from Maine, but curious how close you are to Berlin, NH? I know it's pretty close to the border of Maine. I'm from central NY and we have already booked our rooms for the 2017 Jericho ATV Festival that takes place in Berlin. It was a great time and I can't wait to bring the General this time around. You should look it up. I would like to meet up with other owners there.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the site and to soon to be General ownership nht00py!

Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am from the Augusta Area and have a General 4 on order.

Have any of you guys had any issues on trails with the 62.5" wide General?

A guy I work with thinks if it is over 60" that you can not/ should not ride on certain trails.
Not sure how true it is, but it would be a bummer to haul the rig somewhere and not be able to run it there.
Aside from the fact that some trails are just narrow I mean...

thanks

JT

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am from the Augusta Area and have a General 4 on order.

Have any of you guys had any issues on trails with the 62.5" wide General?

A guy I work with thinks if it is over 60" that you can not/ should not ride on certain trails.
Not sure how true it is, but it would be a bummer to haul the rig somewhere and not be able to run it there.
Aside from the fact that some trails are just narrow I mean...

thanks

JT
I haven't had any issues with being too wide anywhere yet but you may come across the occasional snowmobile bridge that is only 60" wide. I have ridden DownEast and in the Dover/Greenville areas so far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is kind of what i was thinking.
That some trails and bridges may be a little narrow for a bigger rig, but that there is no actual "restriction" from riding certain ATV trails.
I could be wrong though, so I thought I would ask some of you experienced UTV guys.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Currently a Ranger 900 xp owner planning on trading next month on a general. I've only found 1 bridge in the Deblois area that'd be too narrow that crosses the West Branch Narraguagus near Pork Brook Bartend. Personally I think the width restrictions are BS.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts