Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A set of FUTV UHMW A-Arm guards will fix yer problem
the damage was caused by the lateral impact to the wheel. The A arm was never physically touched. Guards to the A arm would not have helped. I stand by my comment that these are too light and have zero reinforcement from the front of the A arm to the back.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A set of FUTV UHMW A-Arm guards will fix yer problem
the damage was caused by the lateral impact to the wheel. The A arm was never physically touched. Guards to the A arm would not have helped. I stand by my comment that these are too light and have zero reinforcement from the front of the A arm to the back.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That is unfortunate. Was it a really hard hit on the side of the tire?

BTW I like where you mounted your light bar. No chance of getting it ripped off.

Reactions: philbricks

·
Registered
88 Posts
First time I saw the A- arms on the General I thought unless they are made with moly tube they will be the weak link on the suspension. I plan on changing mine out with the Superatv high clearance arms with the 1.5" offset.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is unfortunate. Was it a really hard hit on the side of the tire?

BTW I like where you mounted your light bar. No chance of getting it ripped off.
It was a very hard hit, it wasn't a difficult trail, I hit a rock to my left that threw me into the one that hit the right wheel. Just perfect timing that found the week spot.
Not many options yet for replacements, I like dragonfire racing stuff but they say they wont have any on the market until August. The superATV replacement looks promising. You can't use the factory front sway bar but most guys who are wheeling hard disconnect those. Decisions decisions, I'll figure something out even if its wrong :wink2:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the same A arm bend on the right side. Sounds like the same lateral impact . I hit a rut when the general slid hard to the right. Mine bent about an inch above the factory bend. I ordered another one and installed it. I also ordered the a arm high clearance ones but the orange ones are on back order so I had to replace it with the stock one for now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
It was a very hard hit, it wasn't a difficult trail, I hit a rock to my left that threw me into the one that hit the right wheel. Just perfect timing that found the week spot.
Not many options yet for replacements, I like dragonfire racing stuff but they say they wont have any on the market until August. The superATV replacement looks promising. You can't use the factory front sway bar but most guys who are wheeling hard disconnect those. Decisions decisions, I'll figure something out even if its wrong :wink2:
ZBROS Racing has fronts, not rears last I talked to them. Not listed on website yet, last I checked. They will be making rears too.

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
a arm guards to me are a joke a piece of plastic isn't going to keep metal from bending in my opinion, they just hold mud and rocks and cause more problems then worth
This has some truth to it, but my a-arm protectors went through **** and back and my a-arm are fine just a little dent in one.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts