Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Ryan,

Followed the link. Not bad.

But for me, I'm a Garmin user. The units are excellent, there are forums for questions and the Garmin Basecamp software and the available TOPO 24K software package have just about every trail out there for the region covered.

The only Magellan I know of has been in the owner's desk drawer for nearly 20 years.

Take a look at the Garmin Zumo or Rino Units. The Nuvi units aren't really meant for recording tracks and being able to upload them to BaseCamp and be able to use them in the future and share them as gpx transfer files.

You can download BaseCamp for free and do some experimenting with it.

JMHO

Pirate

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone use the Ride Command app on phone or tablet? Played with it a little in a car. But haven't trail rode it yet. You can download 3 states offline so you don't need data.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have been using the Ride Command app on my Iphone... Its pretty handy for me. Has most of the trails I ride in it already.....and its a free app. It just up dated and you can see the other vehicles on the map but I haven't tried that yet.

Reactions: generaljls

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Welcome SHoag9796 I just use my tomtom but will be checking some of these apps out cut down on things to fly around the cab LoL !

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am using a refurbished Pantech water resistant Android 8" tablet and Back Country Navigator. I download the base maps at home and prior to the ride and don't need Internet access. I am thinking of upgrading to a newer tablet. Any tablet or phone will work. Makes a great display. I can import Garmin (.gpx) tracks and I think export from Back County Navigator.

There is a guy, BobT, on the RZR forums that is quite the expert on GPS. That is where I learned about the options. He also has ride tracks you ca download.

Reactions: gmman5 and MMX

·
Registered
4 Posts
So far I kinda like the Magellan. One thing I'm not liking is when you search for a trail nearby and select one, it gives the crows fly directions to it not the road or trail directions. But I love it being waterproof and the iPhone app drains the battery faster than it seems to charge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far I kinda like the Magellan. One thing I'm not liking is when you search for a trail nearby and select one, it gives the crows fly directions to it not the road or trail directions. But I love it being waterproof and the iPhone app drains the battery faster than it seems to charge

We're adding street navigation with the next software update this October. Updates occur quarterly and over wifi, so even if you bought one now or already own a TRX7 you'll be able to use that feature.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We're adding street navigation with the next software update this October. Updates occur quarterly and over wifi, so even if you bought one now or already own a TRX7 you'll be able to use that feature.
Great!

Is this information also posted elsewhere, on some social media page of yours, in a news release, etc?

Thanks for joining this forum and addressing it directly.

·
Registered
95 Posts

still liking the Magellan? im looking hard at it , looks like a very nice unit and easy to use

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've been looking at this GPS for awhile as well. Been reading mixed reviews. Also seems as though Canadian Trail maps are minimal.

Would like to get more information from the source!!

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
still liking the Magellan? im looking hard at it , looks like a very nice unit and easy to use
I do still like it. had some hickups with the last update that had the new street map stuff like I asked for but they were awesome and extremely helpful. even sending a SD card with the update along with an underarmor style shirt! after everything we figured out it to be the time was set to the cabin in a diff. timezone and would update???
now it's working great again! nice thing is I got music in it and connect it via Bluetooth to my stereo also!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I do still like it. had some hickups with the last update that had the new street map stuff like I asked for but they were awesome and extremely helpful. even sending a SD card with the update along with an underarmor style shirt! after everything we figured out it to be the time was set to the cabin in a diff. timezone and would update???
now it's working great again! nice thing is I got music in it and connect it via Bluetooth to my stereo also!
that's what I was thinking too about the Bluetooth. thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts