Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just orderd a lowrance elite-5 DSI for my General as my GPS it should fit in the center hole of the dash. It was about the best spot I could find to install it. Now I just need to find a mounting bracket for it. I was looking at some of the ram mounts but was not sure which one would work. Has any one else done something like this if so how did you mount it.

Attachments

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
????? how good it looks. How did you install it? Looks like it is supposed to be there.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Did you have to pull the dash cap off?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
???????? awesome thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the same one in my boat. it keeps track and records a line everytime I leave the boat launch, and sometimes when I turn it on at home a forget so it tracks from my house to lake lol. Didn't think about using in the General but now thinkin it should work awesome.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I hope Somebody at Polaris sees this and passes it on this should be a standard item.
Looks good and a better use of that space! :grin2:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it does look good. But now I have to find a new spot to stash my phone. I just hope I can figure out how to get the topo maps installed on it, kinda thinking about install google maps on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The next one of you guys that installs one of these, take a picture of the mounting brackets before you put the dash cap back on. I would like to see how they mount before taking the plunge on one of these. Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got 1/8 in abs textured plastic and cut it out to the size on the hole in the dash, cut the hole for the gps and flush mounted it.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts