Polaris General Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Found this in the Service Manual (2020-2021, don't have one for '22).

It shows 1.5" up front and .3" in back.

Mine are measuring very close to that. Ride height is right near 14" in the front.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
If I decide to remove the front sway bar and install limit straps...

Is it okay to run a shorter strap between the top shock bolt and the sway bar link connection point? As opposed to running one from top shock bolt to bottom shock bolt?

Having it connect at the sway link spot looks like it would avoid the heater thermostat and maybe even the brake master cylinder better. Not a lot of space either way honestly.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 XP General Military Tan
125 Posts
KineKilla I am not a engineer but I dont think the strap to the a arm would work. The geometry PROBABLY wont work. Do you have a XP or regular general ? I ran my limit strap on the drivers side on the front. I have a inferno heater so no thermostat to get in the way, I still mounted a aluminum sheet around the hose to protect it from the strap. I was going to cut back the brake master cylinder bracket to make room for the strap but thought to cover the hose was easier. The rock riding I do is much better with the sway bar removed IMO.

·
Registered
2019 rc
308 Posts
I originally ran my strap to that sway bar mount, I really liked how well it cleared everything(thermostat etc.) But I felt that the leverage was a little too much that far down on the A arm so I moved it to the extended shock bolt with bushing. It does rub slightly on thermostat, tho not enough to worry about. That being said there really isn't that much unsprung weight on a SXS and I'm sure it would be fine.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
You need to connect the limit straps to the shock bolts, as it is a "shock extension" limit, not an "axle drop" limit needed on this type of suspension.

Extension Limit: Protecting shocks from reaching full extension under rapid spring unload.
Drop Limit: Protecting U-joints from binding driveline angles, due to excessive axle drop.

·
Registered
2019 rc
308 Posts
Actually in both cases you are limiting the amount of distance the A Arm shock mount can travel from the upper shock mounting location which is a fixed point. Albeit the leverage against the strap is greatly increased mounting to the lower sway bar location vs parallel to the shock. Have ran both and both will limit downward travel of A-arm thus limiting shock extension preventing TOPPING OUT your shock. I do agree the best leverage is inline with shock. That being said you could always weld a tab to the frame like most race trucks, crawlers etc which do not connect to to the shock bolt at all but achieve the same results.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts