Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
For the money that you spend on the XP it should be top of the line in quality, but it seems that Polaris just throws them together with no sense of pride....IMO

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
445 Posts
Great thing is that you can sell the general for at least what you bought if for.
Go put that talon deposit down and enjoy those primo bushings

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Great thing is that you can sell the general for at least what you bought if for.
Go put that talon deposit down and enjoy those primo bushings
Ha ha, It is not just the "primo bushings" as you say, it is the OVERALL quality that I am speaking of.......

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You better sell it quick. We're in a recession gentlemen. Market is going to be flooded with toys nobody can afford anymore... And the dollars you paid for that machine aren't the same dollars you're gonna get for it today. The numbers might match but the value won't...
Mine has been paid for since I brought it home, but my point is the quality just doesn't seem to be the same as I experienced with Honda and a few other brands...that's all.

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Typical Polaris…..been that way forever, but they do work well.
Guess I am not used to having to spend money to make updates to brand new machines that should have been addressed by the mfg.....I guess that is typical for Polaris but I have not had that experience with the other machines I have owned over the 30+ yrs that I have been riding.......sad that it is accepted and people seem ok with it....oh well, to each their own

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,302 Posts
Guess I am not used to having to spend money to make updates to brand new machines that should have been addressed by the mfg.....I guess that is typical for Polaris but I have not had that experience with the other machines I have owned over the 30+ yrs that I have been riding.......sad that it is accepted and people seem ok with it....oh well, to each their own
I’m not ok….but what I have done is “normal” for me anyhow. Always gains to get from OEM clutching, and some tuning anyhow. All the other stuff is on the XP for me anyhow. Machine is pretty much plastic, held together with push pins. I would imagine the others are as well, but much better fit and finish. There are things you can do to “quiet” them down for rattles and such, I just completed the dump bed issues. Now my machine was used, and a little abused I’d say by what I have found doing some upgrades. Do I think this machine is over priced??? YUP, but I didn’t have to pay it. Are there better quality machines out there? YUP….but I’m happy with what I have, it’s what I wanted. Polaris stuff just seems to work, but their pricing has gone a little high….but I have their “premium” model

·
Registered
2018 G2 Ride Command
45 Posts
Ha ha, It is not just the "primo bushings" as you say, it is the OVERALL quality that I am speaking of.......
Mountain Man, I was curious so I just quickly jumped on the Talon forum. I didn't spend much time but see a lot of the same topics with issues that I have seen here. I think it is just the nature of machines that some roll off the line better than others, and some luck with what we run into on the trail. I've had a lot of frustrating issues with machines over the years and I get nervous reading of issues about the General. So far in 2200 miles of hard Washington Cascades mountain riding I have not had one issue with my machine. The only rattle I get is from the doors, but like others said a little tape every couple of months and good to go. Sorry for your frustrations but switching brands does not guarantee no problems. I think if you jump on any forum you'll same many of the same and different issues. And by the way, unfortunately $30k isn't much anymore a starter home here runs $750k!

-EH

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Mountain Man, I was curious so I just quickly jumped on the Talon forum. I didn't spend much time but see a lot of the same topics with issues that I have seen here. I think it is just the nature of machines that some roll off the line better than others, and some luck with what we run into on the trail. I've had a lot of frustrating issues with machines over the years and I get nervous reading of issues about the General. So far in 2200 miles of hard Washington Cascades mountain riding I have not had one issue with my machine. The only rattle I get is from the doors, but like others said a little tape every couple of months and good to go. Sorry for your frustrations but switching brands does not guarantee no problems. I think if you jump on any forum you'll same many of the same and different issues. And by the way, unfortunately $30k isn't much anymore a starter home here runs $750k!

-EH
Yeah I guess. It’s just that dirt bikes and 4 wheelers seem to be much better about not having issues. Just disappointed

-EH
Like I say I’ve never had the problems with Honda in over 30 yrs that I’ve had with this machine. Houses are high in most areas and are only going to get higher with the train wreck in DC🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,110 Posts
Take the shock and tire off. See if you can wiggle the a arms/hubs and recreate a "noise" or see if you can feel any side to side movement... if the machine is that new, is there any warranty?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
445 Posts
Take the shock and tire off. See if you can wiggle the a arms/hubs and recreate a "noise" or see if you can feel any side to side movement... if the machine is that new, is there any warranty?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Bushings, wheel bearings, tie rod ends are all wear parts. No warranty as far as I know.

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
No haters please, been here way before any mechanical issues started...... I love the look and ride of the machine....is it wrong to want better quality? Looking into bushings as I know the factory ones are not the best and looking at any play in axles etc......

21 - 40 of 74 Posts