Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing a loud clunk or cracking sound when passenger side front wheel drops down into a hole when going down road. If I hit a pothole with driver side front wheel there is no noise but when hitting a hole with passenger side front wheel there is a noticeable noise or clunk/cracking sound.....sounds like metal to metal almost....any thoughts or similar problems out there?

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Bad or loose shock?

Reactions: Papermaker

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have checked them and everything seems tight. I wonder to if it is not the a arm bushings as I know the polaris ones are cheap. I have seen earlier posts of someone using Super Dave's "Supper Tuff" bushings. I am only 30 minutes from this place and might check that out as an option.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've had a terrrible noise in the front of mine since day 1. Everything feels tight except for where the cv axles go into the front diff. My noise is in the middle of the machine and happens regardless of which wheel hits the bump.

Of course the dealer I bought it from said everything was good.

I don't think Super Dave makes bushings for the XP.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had a terrrible noise in the front of mine since day 1. Everything feels tight except for where the cv axles go into the front diff. My noise is in the middle of the machine and happens regardless of which wheel hits the bump.

Of course the dealer I bought it from said everything was good.

I don't think Super Dave makes bushings for the XP.

That is disappointing to hear the Super Daves does not make the bushings for the XP's........ Yeah I just feel that for the price you pay for these bikes from Polaris that they leave a lot to be desired......One should not have to do all the aftermarket stuff to these things when they are soooooooo **** expensive to begin with.....smh .....duraclutch due to jerking and bad polaris clutch design, shock therapy, ecu tuning. and the list goes on...ridiculous to say the least....I guess I should have researched more before buying......

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I know it sounds nutty 🤪 but the doors are a major source of unidentified noises in these things.

My passenger door seemed tight but would make a screeching sound when I would hit a bump on that side. I swore it was coming from the bed, suspension, sway bar, etc. but it ended up just being the door. A minor adjustment, some duct tape on the striker and all was good.

To diagnose if the passenger door is the culprit, have someone hold it tight when you hit a bump on that side and see if the noise changes or is eliminated. If you don't have anyone to do this, pop the door off and go for a ride and see what you hear.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My noise is not the doors. Even if it was, I'd have to choose between rattling doors and upper doors that fit.

I'm hoping to get some time to jack mine up and check everything.

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My noise is not the doors. Even if it was, I'd have to choose between rattling doors and upper doors that fit.

I'm hoping to get some time to jack mine up and check everything.

Let me know what you find. My 2021 XP4 has never been in water deeper than 8" and never in heavy mud....I have driven 99% of the time with wife driving it, with me, the other 1%....so it has never been abused at all. It is a garage queen.....I love the ride but hate Polaris's lack of quality and attention to detail when building these machines. I have to say in my 30+ years of riding all sorts of dirt bikes, street bikes, quads and now side by sides, HONDA is hands down the best I have come across in the Quality department, not always the best in ride but always the best in quality and durability for me.

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I kick myself, I was originally going to buy another Honda product when switching to side by sides but let others talk me into Polaris......

1 - 20 of 74 Posts