Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have no idea why anyone would do this...hard on vehicles, probably never get it clean, and there is some risk. Not for me!!

·
Vendor
364 Posts
I loved it! Lol! I mean....I wouldn't race my rig...but it sure was fun to watch! My buddy Tyler won the stock to 34" tire category, and took 2nd in the 46"+ category, with some big cut and grooved 50" tires. Zero damage to his rigs.
I totally understand the concept. The southern boys are kinda limited to mud parks and DEEEP bounty hole competitions, and they wanted to do something a little different. Plus, only the guys running 46" 50" or 54" tires are really able to compete and have a chance at the big bounty hole events, so this gave everyone the chance to compete. Now...the guys back in the warranty department weren't pleased. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Here's Tyler's winning run: Winning Run - Stock to 34" Tire Class

I these guys have nothing but mud and swamps, so they definitely make it entertaining and make the best of what they have to play with.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess those events are a good test bed for parts engineers. Each time I heard a pop sound I knew another ball joint or axle had snapped.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I loved it! Lol! I mean....I wouldn't race my rig...but it sure was fun to watch! My buddy Tyler won the stock to 34" tire category, and took 2nd in the 46"+ category, with some big cut and grooved 50" tires. Zero damage to his rigs.
I totally understand the concept. The southern boys are kinda limited to mud parks and DEEEP bounty hole competitions, and they wanted to do something a little different. Plus, only the guys running 46" 50" or 54" tires are really able to compete and have a chance at the big bounty hole events, so this gave everyone the chance to compete. Now...the guys back in the warranty department weren't pleased. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Here's Tyler's winning run: Winning Run - Stock to 34" Tire Class

I these guys have nothing but mud and swamps, so they definitely make it entertaining and make the best of what they have to play with.
But Tyler has a reason to be doing this, ie show how tough the SATV parts are. And he doesn't have to pay for them. :)

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
364 Posts
But Tyler has a reason to be doing this, ie show how tough the SATV parts are. And he doesn't have to pay for them. :)
Lol! True. Those were company machines. He considered running his personal Turbo 4, but it would have been tough in those tight turns....plus, he'd have to pay for it. Lol! ??

All the manufacturers can write it off as "R & D." ;)

I guess those events are a good test bed for parts engineers. Each time I heard a pop sound I knew another ball joint or axle had snapped.
I think the carnage was all pretty consistent. That steep log hill claimed a bunch of rear left (driver) knuckles and hardware, and the log pit just after it claimed a handful of tie rod ends, a couple ball joints, and a whole bunch of frame tabs. All the carnage happened in that corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts