Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 General deluxe ride command.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I was hooking up some 5150 whip lights with a harness that connects at the tail lights under the bed. I went to check them as I do each time a make a connection. No rear or front lights . Now in the middle of doing this I pulled my ECU to send to Gilomen. Would not having the ECU cause a lose of lights? Also have some trouble codes on my ride command but I expected that since the ECU can't sense any signals since its gone. No fuses blown. Does the ECU control this much? No turn signal, no tail lights, and no headlights. Thanks in advance. 2018 G2 Ride command deluxe.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
The ECU is the "brains" of the unit. Take the brain away and guess what.

• Helpful
Reactions: Buelligan666

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What i was hoping to here. I want to thank you all. This forum has really helped me so much. I'm now putting a Gilomen tune and clutch kit, really excited to get it back. We have a big ride in a few weeks and I want it all set. Last year we had over 150 UTVs on this ride. If your in Michigan its the Gladwin County ORV Funfest. Just a all day poker run. Again thanks J.R.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you had bought the Aftermarket Assassin's tune on the Power Vision 3 tuner, you wouldn't have had to ask that question. You'd be riding instead of waiting on your ECU to come back. Same results, less down time.
I have a tuner in my Duramax and I love it. My General i don't need to log data check my temps or belt. I just wanted it to run better, cooler and a clutch. It only taking 5 day turn around and I have spoke to them. Good people thats getting to be hard to find nowadays. I also have snowmobiles and their helping me do clutch work. I'm good but glad the Power vision is working out for you. I appreciate your knowledge sir and I'll be cleaning up all the wires under my hood so I'm sure we'll be chatting soon. Again thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts