Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured I would come to the best place to ask the question about the G4 XP. I have to Rzr's now a 1000s and 900 Trail love them both but I think I want to go with a 4 seater and have just one machine. The General is high on the list. Is the motor enough for the weight with four adults. I know its not for racing but there is a tone of hills in NH were I ride and I am sure the 1000 power plant should be enough as it is the same motor that is in my S. Any one sit in the back and then a 4 seat Rzr? Wondering how the back seat room compares. Let face it the Gen 4 XP with Ride Command is 27 grand that is Pro XP money. I can't sit in both or even one right now up here in VT no one has any in stock. When I buy I might be going to TN to get one. SO if any one has any comments to compare the two please let me know. I greatly appreciate it.

Bill

·
Registered
48 Posts
Plenty of power (but that’s subjective). I’ve done river bed runs with 4 not small guys in the General and never had any issues and it’s always been willing to go faster than I want or need to. And this is in sand. My opinion is also that the General has a lot more room in the cab than the RZRs. I was too tall for the back seat on a RZR but can do it in the General. Now I haven’t sat in the back of a RZR Pro XP so not sure how it compares. But I went with the General almost purely due to the interior leg room and the bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect that is the info I am looking for. Thank you
Plenty of power (but that’s subjective). I’ve done river bed runs with 4 not small guys in the General and never had any issues and it’s always been willing to go faster than I want or need to. And this is in sand. My opinion is also that the General has a lot more room in the cab than the RZRs. I was too tall for the back seat on a RZR but can do it in the General. Now I haven’t sat in the back of a RZR Pro XP so not sure how it compares. But I went with the General almost purely due to the interior leg room and the bed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Vtprairie. When I bought my 2020 G4 XP 1000 Deluxe when they first hit dealers floor I too was a bit undecided until sat in both theRZR and The General. I am 6 ft tall found the RZR a bit too cramped for me and not much of an area to haul things here on the farm. Coming from a Ranger I would miss that. I sat in the General and found my answer quickly. I bought the General. It has sufficient power for what I do plus the ride is a good or equal to the RZR in a lot of ways. The 30" Tires on 15" rims and the Walker Evans shocks gives a great ride and comfort. I went the Ridecommand model and love it! I now have over 2000 trouble free miles on it here riding in our low desert to our high mountain peaks of Arizona! Go for the General you won't regret it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a General XP4 and live and ride in Maine. We have 6500 miles of trails that are very diverse in terrain. Most of my riding is logging roads at 25-45 mph with some goat path riding. The long and short of it is for interior comfort, you will not find a better machine than the General XP4. Period. Seat comfort and legroom is as good as it gets. I’ve sat in a RZR Pro XP. While the seats are comfy, the rear legroom and overall comfort level doesn’t compare to the GXP4. Yes it has a turbo. I have never been wanting for more power, but the allure for a turbo is always there. It’s a decision you have to make up front. I’ve had two full sized ladies in the back of my buggy and they never complained about comfort. The power was fine. I’m on stock clutching, but I believe a Dalton clutch kit is in my future. There is too much of a jump in low speed capability between low and high range. If you are rarely going to use the rear seat, go with a Pro XP. If your going to use the seats in the back regularly, definitely get the GXP4.
BTW, come to Maine on a vacation. There is a lot of riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info. Been wanting to go riding in Maine. I do all my riding in NH now even thou I live in VT. I wish you could get one reg for all three states that would be perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts