Polaris General Forum banner

Looking for new Shocks

6K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Ironsbrandon 
#1 ·
Ha all it has been some time since I've been on here, been working 80 hour work weeks. Got to love the air conditioning tech life. lol.

But any ways i was cleaning my General this weekend and found i had a shock leaking on the right front, and one on the back left. I've been looking for a new set of shocks for all four corners, BUT quickly found out i could not afford much. i was thinking about just piecing something together or if someone has found something else that is better. I'm looking at the Bandit utv shock and duel rate springs. Products
i just don't want to spend that much right now.
if any one has any suggestions i would love to hear about
if nothing else does anybody know the length of shock i need to be looking for. everybody that sales shocks for this thing is keeping the specs on them hush hush

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
that is what i though as well, so i called my dealer and they said they would call and check. got a call back later that day and was told polaris was not going to warranty the part, they said it was a ware part.

Reactions: Trapper
#7 ·
lol ya i think my general got mad at me because i was not riding it so it started crying out the shocks. i have a family member that works for factor connection. i was thinking about just putting together my own set up for half the cost and have him tune them for me. i just can not find the length of the shock at full extension any where.

Reactions: Trapper
#8 · (Edited)
I'm tired of fighting it i finally just bought the Bandit shocks i hope they are what they say they are. best price i could find i just hope they are not junk. $1,200 out the door.

Attachments

#11 ·
Makes me glad wife wanted the Titanium color of the deluxe and got the better shocks I hope!

#12 ·
Sigh, working 80 hour weeks and can't afford a set of the Fox Podium 2 shocks that come on the Deluxe? Something wrong with this picture.

But getting what you can afford is the way to go.

I've never been a fan of dual rate springs. Shop around for "progressive rate" springs. Makin Traxx used to sell really good ones, but seem to be gone. I think Racer Tech is now selling a good progressive rate spring.

Good luck!!

Pirate

#13 ·
i was going to buy the shocks that were on the deluxe, BUT it was $2500 for the whole set up for the factor. if it comes down to it i will have factory connection rebuild the **** things for $1000 and ill have the best of both world.

#17 ·
Ironsbrandon
I broke down and put some bandits on my general also. I drove it around a little bit when I was done not much though. It felt really good the little bit I rode it. I put 1" preload in the front and a little under 3/4" in the rear. It made 13" of clearance up front and 12" in the rear. I set the clicker to the middle and never messed with it. Where are u running your on preload and compression.

#19 ·
Sorry I'm so late but, if I am in the sand I run mid click, up or down depending of the feel I want. And full up clicked and back three.
Any other time I am on the 4 clicks up frount and full soft in the back.

#18 ·
I thought I was having good luck with my shocks I had one replaced under warranty about 10 months ago. Now I have two more leaking and I am thinking about some bandits. I don't want to keep doing warranty replacement every year even though I bought the extended warranty. It is a 3 hour round trip to the dealer. These factory shocks do not seam to be good. I have a 2016 blue.

#20 ·
If you look on Polaris house.Com the part numbers have changed on the factory shocks. I asked my dealer about it and he said they updated the shocks, because they were junk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.