Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2022 general xp4 RC ghost white
298 Posts
I finally ditched the manual wiper and installed the 2007 Ford Escape wiper. It was a fun install and provide all the parts you'll need along with measurements so you can install it in any windshield. This install was done on a Polaris glass lock and ride. Enjoy!!

Awesome job just curious what all that cost im assuming it is alot cheaper than the polaris wiper or did you have a different reason for going this route

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome job just curious what all that cost im assuming it is alot cheaper than the polaris wiper or did you have a different reason for going this route
I spent about $130 for all new stuff. You can buy some of it used and maybe find it cheaper elsewhere but either way - it's waaaaay cheaper than polaris or any other package deal. The downside is some potential mods.

Good luck - you'll love it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I finally ditched the manual wiper and installed the 2007 Ford Escape wiper. It was a fun install and provide all the parts you'll need along with measurements so you can install it in any windshield. This install was done on a Polaris glass lock and ride. Enjoy!!

Awesome instructions! Where do you get your windshield washer bottle (red)? Looks like it has the pump included? Thanks again!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome instructions! Where do you get your windshield washer bottle (red)? Looks like it has the pump included? Thanks again!
Actually, I don't have a washer yet but I had a pump motor laying around from my old S10 (yeah, OLD but it works) and I have a coolant tank from a Honda quad that I plan to use. Just having a hard time finding a place to mount it. The polaris tank mounds up by the power bar under the front hood - that may be a good option if you are interested.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually, I don't have a washer yet but I had a pump motor laying around from my old S10 (yeah, OLD but it works) and I have a coolant tank from a Honda quad that I plan to use. Just having a hard time finding a place to mount it. The polaris tank mounds up by the power bar under the front hood - that may be a good option if you are interested.
Me too. I have a fuse/relay block in front of the pulse bar and need to mount a washer on the left side in front of the coolant tank. Also---what was the actual kit # for the Escape wiper motor? There are so many to choose from I want to get the right one with the full sweep. Is it the same as the Seal--or cover kit?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me too. I have a fuse/relay block in front of the pulse bar and need to mount a washer on the left side in front of the coolant tank. Also---what was the actual kit # for the Escape wiper motor? There are so many to choose from I want to get the right one with the full sweep. Is it the same as the Seal--or cover kit?
Oh yeah, I put all the part numbers and links (if I had them) in the description. I have the same issue as you too with the fuse/relay block so keep me posted with what you come up and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh yeah, I put all the part numbers and links (if I had them) in the description. I have the same issue as you too with the fuse/relay block so keep me posted with what you come up and I'll do the same.
Sorry for all the questions but still a bit confused. Are you saying that this is the part # for the washer motor?
Font Event Electric blue Brand Circle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for all the questions but still a bit confused. Are you saying that this is the part # for the washer motor? View attachment 76678
That's ok - so I don't have any part numbers for washer motor or reservoir - just the wiper motor, blade, arm, etc. The image you posted is for the wiper motor case/cover (they call it a 'seal'). The information below is from the description of the video:

Below is a list of the parts used:
Wiper Motor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VVFF3AA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wiper Blade: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015JTJM0U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wiper Arm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IYA3P0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Switch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P2K3V3Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Automotive connectors (this is a multi pack but you can find a single pack as you will only need one of them): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LKSQJR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 * You'll need

14 gauge or larger wire in 3 colors (suggest red, black and white) and it would be good to get at least 20 feet of each color. The 'cover' for the motor is dealer only (or online).

It's called a 'seal' and the ford part number for the kt is: YL8Z17C412AA

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's ok - so I don't have any part numbers for washer motor or reservoir - just the wiper motor, blade, arm, etc. The image you posted is for the wiper motor case/cover (they call it a 'seal'). The information below is from the description of the video:

Below is a list of the parts used:
Wiper Motor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VVFF3AA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wiper Blade: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015JTJM0U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wiper Arm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IYA3P0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Switch: Amazon.com: Rocker Switch 5Pin Laser On/Off Blue LED Light 20A/12V 10A/24V Toggle Switch with Jumper Wires Set for Automotive Boat Marine Truck Jeep Off-Road Bus RV (Windshield Wiper) : Automotive

Automotive connectors (this is a multi pack but you can find a single pack as you will only need one of them): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LKSQJR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 * You'll need

14 gauge or larger wire in 3 colors (suggest red, black and white) and it would be good to get at least 20 feet of each color. The 'cover' for the motor is dealer only (or online).

It's called a 'seal' and the ford part number for the kt is: YL8Z17C412AA
Thank you! Now I'm off to search for small washer fluid tank!

·
Registered
2022 General XP 1000
13 Posts
@book

Do you think it is necessary to add the additional bracket that you made? Does the factory one have a bracket for stability as well? Thanks for the parts list. I have it all and going to give it a shot this weekend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@book

Do you think it is necessary to add the additional bracket that you made? Does the factory one have a bracket for stability as well? Thanks for the parts list. I have it all and going to give it a shot this weekend.
Yes, I would add the bracket - otherwise it will flex and potentially fail over time. Good luck - I'm sure it will work out well! Be sure to share pics/vids of your work! Thanks for watching (and hopefully liking/subscribing)!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm glad I made that extra bracket. The only other thing holding it in place is the round post the wiper attaches to.

Because the motor is weighted to one side, I feel the whole thing would be drooping or trying to rotate on that post all the time.

Only took a few minutes to make this bracket.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm glad I made that extra bracket. The only other thing holding it in place is the round post the wiper attaches to.

Because the motor is weighted to one side, I feel the whole thing would be drooping or trying to rotate on that post all the time.

Only took a few minutes to make this bracket.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
I agree 100% AND you fabricated a custom bracket! We don't need any stinkin kits!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
could you just trim the rubber on the blade where it hits the center piece and leave the arm?
I trimmed the blade only but you can experiment on different blades to use. Sadly the shorter ones are limited in how they connect to the arm - if you do, please share what you found and I can update the video. I'm glad that listing the items was helpful!

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,110 Posts
could you just trim the rubber on the blade where it hits the center piece and leave the arm?
It's what I did with mine. 16 or 17" blade. You want it just long enough that it doesn't go over the bottom edge when straight down. Then cut the upper off with a cut off wheel so it just misses the center of the window. Works well... remember that wiper is offset to one side. So make sure it clears all the way...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts