Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Amigos and Amigas this stay at home stuff is kinda driving some of us looney. It kinda like that Bill Murray movie “Groundhog Day”
“I get up, do my morning duties, have coffee and come out to my office (aka garage) and think of things to do ???????
So far I’ve serviced the truck, the series 120 Lexus, the Rhino and the General.
Today’s chore was to fix my old blender, no bueno, it died, don’t worry folks I’ve got a back up (Vortex 2000 with turbo boost, it slices, it dices, heck it can crawl up a tree like a bloody snake!!!!!!!.. Just kidding, it’s some China junk)
So what do I do?????
Well I did this
I went thru all my tools and safety gear for the General using a different perspective...
That perspective was the following:

1. What if I had a fire, could I get to the fire extinguisher quickly?
Result: no because I mounted it behind the passenger seat and what a pain it was to get to it and to get the quick release strap loose.
Fix: moved the fire extinguisher to where I can get to it quickly. It’s now between the driver and passenger seats on the seat bar.

2. What if I had a fire in the engine area, could I get to it quickly?
Result: did a practice run getting the fire extinguisher inside the cab out and deploy on the engine. It took me like two minutes, the General would be well on it’s way to burning to the ground.
Fix: ordered a quick release fire extinguisher mount and fire extinguisher to be mounted on the driver side bed rail. Will post pictures of the finished project.

3. What if someone or me got into a dangerous precarious situation like about to roll or getting really stuck, could I react quickly with the proper equipment?
Result: nope! Why? Because all my safety and extraction equipment was all conveniently packed under the front seats and would require me to remove the seats to get to them.... man am I dumb!!
Fix: redistributed my equipment like pull straps, shackles, jumper cables, tire plugs, snatch block, tie down ratchet strap and lug wrench to where I can get to it quickly.

4. How prepared is my first aid equipment and can I get to it quickly?
Result: well wifey got into the first aid kit and “borrowed” a few things, hmmmm
Fix: re-stocked the first aid kit and added a second kit and packed a blanket in back seat console.
That’s it for today, but tomorrow may be the same thing, just like the movie “Groundhog Day”

Stay safe everyone, we’ll get through this
Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
385 Posts
That’s a lot of stuff under the front seat you must have a **** of a lot more room under their than me......oh wait duh you have a G4.....Sorry

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day two
Today I worked on updating all the ride along documents
  • Current registration
  • Insurance paper
  • Tool list
Mexico only
  • Copy of marriage certificate ( in case of a fatal accident without it you can’t return the body or bodies to US
  • Copy of driver license
  • Copy of passport
  • Copy of FMM visa
Other chores today
Re-organized bags for snatch block, tree strap, shackles and drape towel into one bag and relocated it in bed for easy access

Relocated SPOT emergency transponder to dash area on Ram mount where cell phone went. Cell phone now in Chupacabra door bag

More to come
Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More lockdown fun
Day three
Nuts and bolts day and more!
Grabbed the tools and checked every nut and bolt I could
Result: a few here and there needed a snug but most were fine.
Adjusted all four doors and lubricated the latching mechanisms.
Cleared a spot in the bed for my winch recovery bag (snatch block, tree strap shackles, gloves and towels) so I can access it quickly
Clean battery posts, checked water level in battery, performed hydrometer test in each cell. All good.
Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Charlie,
You mean your Find me Spot device? I don't keep batteries in it. Once arriving in camp, LI batteries go in and it goes around my neck with a comfortable lanyard. No use if you roll the machine and its buried somewhere in the cab or Cargo Box in the bed.

For me...still rebuilding the machine after November hard fall on the Driver side...
Sandcraft drain plugs all the way around look 'em up You'll be impressed.
Added the new Polaris XL Fender Flares. Not really difficult. But new Factory UTV rock sliders weren't designed right for the XL flares. Sent Beth a drawing with my recommendations. The made me a set...fabulous!
Installed my Rugged Radios intercom and now radio between the seated and above the console.
I seem to have fallen for Polaris Orange. New Driver front fender came with no graphics. Fine, I peeled the graphics off the Passenger front fender. Added a 2019 Orange hood. So totally orange from front bumper to doors. Replaced the Drivers door. Couldn't find orange door panels. So two new black ones. One is assembled and installed, the new one in process. Looking great with just the General graphic on the bedside inserts.

The list goes on and on...pictures to come!
Pirate

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spot is right next to the key on the dash. Man Dr Pirate you’ve been a busy boy. Working on your rig, writing prescriptions to forum patients so they buy stuff, providing UTV add on addiction counciling, just kidding....
Thanks for all your insight and sharing your knowledge and experience
Well I got to go now, it’s time for my nap (actually surfing the web for parts for my project GX470)

Cheers Baja Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts