Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just bought my general premium 3 days ago went for my first ride then took the hood off to check it out I noticed the front glass window i bought was to low on the driver side so I raised it up went for another ride and it dropped again so anytime I need to lift the hood I have to raise the window is this common for these lock&ride windows or do I need to contact my dealer ps I'm new to this sight thanks for any input

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Hello everyone just bought my general premium 3 days ago went for my first ride then took the hood off to check it out I noticed the front glass window i bought was to low on the driver side so I raised it up went for another ride and it dropped again so anytime I need to lift the hood I have to raise the window is this common for these lock&ride windows or do I need to contact my dealer ps I'm new to this sight thanks for any input
That does not sound right the glass should rest on 2 plastic bump outs above the hood that is suppose to keep it from sliding down?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome,and I will check out the bumps,also do those handles adjust and if so how tight to go with out breaking the window?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it's a Polaris lock&ride I just noticed the top latch on the driver side has pressure when you shut it and the bottom closes easy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same glass lock and ride windshield I just installed it and yes it fits loose. just tighten the bolts up after you install the windshield. 4 bolts 13 mm socket I believe and don't worry about breaking the glass the bolts and lock and ride levers are connected to the window frame not the glass

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
End result on the the weather stripping on the driver side was stopping it from sitting on the plastic bumps contact the dealer and first oil change their going to fix it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts