Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I ordered the same upper doors and the dealer here told me they would not be in tell spring they did not say when in the spring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would have thought Polaris would have stocked up the accessories before releasing the General. I'm really curious how they are going to mount to the doors.

·
1,560 Posts
Awesome Doubledarin! Need some pic's!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got the new Orange General. Have every option, including tracks, you can get. Waiting on upper Windows for the doors though. They are back ordered. Anyone get them yet?

Dealer I talked to has all cab accessories in except for upper 1/2 doors. He told me ordered 1 set in the plastic window and the other set in glass pop out windows. He is guessing he will have them in 6-8 weeks. I want to see them to see how the attach before I decide on what to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK dont want to high jack your thread but I have a chance to purchase a blue General with the following options installed. LED accent interior lights, 35" light bar, 13" light bar, sound bar, heater, premium roof, glass windshield, glass rear back panel, front brush guard or bumper. $21,500 plus tax and license. There are a few things i dont need but its all done and sitting there new. Just to make it look good for not high jackin your thread, I know the premium model list for $19,999 here MSRP and the blue at $17,499. and one still installs what makes them happy or what you need. These things are EXPENSIVE but most of the work is done with no waiting. Its a mini off road trail truck that i would add my own options but came across this. Im sure I could save some $ but from what I read it could be a waiting game and then the time for myself to install (which doesnt matter that much). Runnin a near perfect Yamaha Rhino that I bought new back in "04" and lookin to upgrade. Bad price on the blue with the options? remember stealer installed that you pay extra for but have faith in their work cause there big around here and they have been dealin Polaris for years and have a good group of people. Or should I just go buy a new truck.:) Just wonderin if its a fair price, theres no dickin with price here cause there to new.

·
1,560 Posts
I bought the Deluxe and with all the accessories. Including upper door glass which I'm still waiting on and I have 25,000 into her and I added the light bars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought the Deluxe and with all the accessories. Including upper door glass which I'm still waiting on and I have 25,000 into her and I added the light bars.
What accessories or extras are you talkin about you say all, the norm for the Deluxe model or many other extras. From what I see that would cost a thousands more. There not makin deals here. What do you think the price diff is up there vs the lower states.

·
1,560 Posts
I bought all the glass windows front and back including upper door Windows. Heater, wiper, bed extension. I apologize for saying all. I didn't get cargo box etc.
no better deal here than the lower 48. I'm installing everything myself. 120.00 hr shop rate here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My dealer knocked $ 800 off deluxe and gave me 10% discount on all accessories Ended up $ 23,548.00 with tax and all. Front and rear glass windshield, Heater, and upper doors that open. It took me all day to install heater so probably 5 or 6 hrs labor at shop for heater alone if you figure them doing it at $75.00 an hr. labor. Windshield are quick and simple install. I don't have the tip out windshield. Don't now how long it would take to install stereo. Hope it helps

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK, did you have to wait much on your extras, Ive been readin and it seems like some dont know when they will get there extras they ordered. I dont have a problem installing myself. At that price for what they want its doesnt seem to bad but bad enough and Im sure there extra cost on there install but......... want it now and ride or wait, order, wait,install wait then ride......... Its everything I need and more just want a wiper and the rest of the door setup and im good to go. I wonder if most extras go out to the stealers for the mods they want to do before the public.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think the only accessories that people are waiting on are the upper doors. Everything else should be easy to get. I just ordered the lock and ride storage box on Friday and dealer said he will have it this coming week. All my accessories except doors were ready when I picked it up

·
Registered
143 Posts
See what your dealer labor cost are. Mine are $75 but I think Alaskan47 said his are around $120 so that makes a big difference

·
Registered
35 Posts
See what your dealer labor cost are. Mine are $75 but I think Alaskan47 said his are around $120 so that makes a big difference
Understand that thats why I was wondering on the price and extras on the Blue General. For example I know heaters run around 450 but they said 900 which is already installed. Thats alot but done and I dont have to deal with the install. I just installed a Highlifter kit A arms and lift on a brand new 900 Ranger and it took me the day so labor is money. Nothing wrong with that could be faster but what for, mistakes = issues. Its just one that is out there for that price that I could jump into. I can buy a Blue and do the extras I want and save a few I guess. Thats part of the fun garagin it, install stuff on days you cant ride and checkin out issuse that might come up in the future thats what I do with my Rhino. Just a quick buy and dont have to install at the price there axin deal or no deal I can take it. :).

·
1,560 Posts
Up here it is list price "plus" install on all accessories. Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks guys, if the wife goes for it I'll get one, one why or the other being options installed or do it myself. She whats to up grade more then I do so I'll do it while I have the chance. Soooo if it happens I would like to run a test on pics to see if they turn out before comin on here and postin pics. I see many that are upside down or 90 degrees (dont like). Heres the Rhino sorry thats what it is for now and all the friends I ride with run Polaris here just a couple that have up graded to new Polaris Rangers but these are there old models. Sorry again for the high jack.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts