Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thought today about front limit straps and mounting options. I have a bracket lift on the G2 so I have the stock shock locations and no sway bar. Can anyone think of a good reason that the sway bar mount and stock shock mount locations wouldnt work? My thought was to jack up the General, measure distance at full droop and order a strap about 1” shorter. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
684 Posts
You need to take 1.5" to 2" off the measured length for the strap length. On my XP, they measured 25" and I ordered 23" and they are perfect. There is about half an inch of strap at full droop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where I am measuring (to the sway bar mount). I am at ~17 at ride height and ~18 at full droop. I wouldn’t assume that I would want to go any shorter than 17. Maybe 17.5?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just trying to avoid any banging at full droop. i don't really jump it so i probably shouldn't worry about it.

That and i have an extra mounting hole location with the sway bar removed....

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Once again. By droop mean you get the shock fully extended or fully compressed?

If fully extended, that's hard to do without being airborne.

Pirate

·
Registered
420 Posts
So while riding HM last week I noticed that when I was dropping one side of the front or the other into a rut I was getting a clunking sound on that side i determined it was the shocks bottoming out, my machine had never done this before. Why? Because it had the front sway bar on it which prevented the shock to fully extending, without the the sway bar I get the clunk sound but only when shock fully extends so my thought is would the use of limit straps prevent this? Because i do like the extra articulation of the front without the bar....additionally I do not jump my machine I am fully aware of the bad things that can happen with the transmission caused by jumping but the real reason is the WIFE won’t let me.....Happy Riding...

·
Supporting Vendor
199 Posts
I put 23" limit straps on the front of my RZR Xp4 1000 because of the clunking. going over rocks plus I put on 32x10R-15 tire that weighed quite a bit more than stock.They work great and no more clunking. BTW, I don't jump either but didn't want the extra stress on the shock. I do however like rock crawling and technical trails.

I put the limit straps on the back side of the shock so it wouldn't hit break lines and the radiator hose. It holds the tire without over extending the shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts