Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over the forum but I cannot find a definitive answer. I have bought a 42" light bar with the Amazon brackets I saw people using on normal Generals. The ones that bolt in the holes just above the visor area of the window. For those that have the Ride Command Speakers up above the window under the roof, did you take off the speakers to use the supplied bolts of the brackets or did you use the Torx screws holding the roof visor piece under the factory roof? Link to brackets for reference.

Dasen For Polaris General 1000 2016-2018 42 Inch Straight/Curved LED Light Bar Upper Roof Windshield Roll Cage Mount Brackets

·
Registered
65 Posts
You use the torx screw and screw it into the threaded metal piece. You will need to add a few washer spacers so you can tighten it against them and not bend the plastic around the recess. You will get a high pitched howl at speed from the air movement thru the air channel you create. I made a flexible black plastic crescent moon shaped piece to stop air movement the goes from the top of the bar to under the front of the roof. Use cardboard to make a pattern.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you. Did your Torx screw into plastic or metal threading on top of the speakers. Or do you have speakers?
I don't have the overhead radio. I wanna say the screw was for the windshield, but I can check tomorrow when I go to my warehouse

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You use the torx screw and screw it into the threaded metal piece. You will need to add a few washer spacers so you can tighten it against them and not bend the plastic around the recess. You will get a high pitched howl at speed from the air movement thru the air channel you create. I made a flexible black plastic crescent moon shaped piece to stop air movement the goes from the top of the bar to under the front of the roof. Use cardboard to make a pattern.
Do you have a picture of what that looks like by chance? Thanks for the reply.
I don't have the overhead radio. I wanna say the screw was for the windshield, but I can check tomorrow when I go to my warehouse
Oh. Don’t worry about checking. I appreciate your help answering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts