Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, looking at a light bar for our G2, I thought pretty serious about one to mount at the top of the windshield at the roof line, but questioned whether there would be too much glare off the glass from the light or not? so also thinking about the bar to mount on the bumper because of that if anyone has experienced the glare problem.
Then on to what is the best way to go for lights? are any better than others? I want something that is going to last.

Thanks,

Ron

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,119 Posts
A couple of round LED driving lights...I'd put 'em on the front bumper where there are mounting holes.

A light bar...I'd mount it to the roof, right at the front, but not extending over the front edge.

Just thoughts.

Pirate

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Reactions: Corbo1962

· Registered
13 Posts
wow, shocked that moves that much. That could be very annoying. What size lightbar did you put in there. I was thinking of a 42"curved to go up there. I had a 52" on my last one and I loved it

· Registered
13 Posts
Interesting, mine doesn't have any bolts that hold down the plastic top, mine uses the slots in the visor to hold the top on. That was what the instructions said when I put it on, I am presuming it must use the bolts that hold the visor on?

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Interesting, mine doesn't have any bolts that hold down the plastic top, mine uses the slots in the visor to hold the top on. That was what the instructions said when I put it on, I am presuming it must use the bolts that hold the visor on?

There should be 2 Torx screws on top. Or if yours are anything like mine, no matter how much Loctite I put on them they still vibrate out.

But the 2 bolts the light bars attach to are under the roof in a slot in the visor.

I went a step further since I have a framed windshield and added 2 bolts between the brackets and my windshield.

· Registered
247 Posts
I mounted a curved 42" to the roof. Very solid and no movement or vibration. The 35,000 lumens really lights up the terrain.

Cheap light, came with harness. I cut out the switch and installed my own to match the others in my dash.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts