Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got tags. Was easy in TN!! Medium speed vehicle. And they didn't buck cause I didn't pay tax (have farm state tax exemption). Now where to mount the plate?

I like sjs1410's location. Anyone else care to share pics of theirs? Just looking for options. Prefer it be sorta inconspicuous...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Do not have pic but have seen a few rzrs with a small plate riveted with spacers 2 washers between plate and muffler cover in back. looks really good and sorta out of the way and No with the spacers don't get hot! Idea anyways!!

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Waalll....

I too wanted my license plate inconspicuous, where it wouldn't get smashed, smash something else, or get melted.

I started by purchasing an "Axia Alloys Cage Mount Lighted License Plate Frame" at ROTR this Spring. Provides a nice, black, frame for the plate and a nice, black, white LED license plate light.

But where to mount it? Decided it would look good mounted to the bottom piece of the tailgate, an thus would not make contact with anything else when the tailgate is open or the bed is tilted up.

How to mount it? Designed this mounting plate in Inventor.

Then cut it on the PlasmaCam and painted with Rustoleum "satin black" spray paint:

Purchased a Rivit Nut tool to install the Factory UTV skid plate system and decided to give them a try to hold the mounting plate to the tailgate, here are the three 5/16" rivit nuts in place. Worked just fine in the plastic tailgate piece:

Used three 1" long pieces of 5/16" threaded stock with a chrome acorn nut red loctited to the threaded stock to hold the mounting plate in place:

To wire up the license plate light...I spliced into the tail light wires in the harness under the bed. Then used a for prong connector to double the circuits. One for the license plate light and one for my LED whips. Mounted the new connector with a Velcro square right next to the OEM rear harness connector:

Works just great!

Interested in one of my mounting plates? PM me.

Pirate

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waalll....

I too wanted my license plate inconspicuous, where it wouldn't get smashed, smash something else, or get melted.

Pirate

That is AWESOME pirate. Thanks. My first option was something like that out if kydex but under the side. I like your better though. Not sure how hot it will get in that location though. I make a piece (leaving plate off) and make sure it doesn't get hot enough to get flimsy. Reevaluate if it does.

And I love those rivnuts. I replaced some is those slide on nuts that hold the roof down and a number of other things.

Yes yes Cheeto I'm gonna get some of the others too for tight places that tool won't fit.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looked around and on either side of the roof on the ride command has a plate that holds two screws on a small plate works good out of the way and no rocks or debris will hit it up there

Reactions: camo man

·
Registered
773 Posts
Seems to be plenty well protected here.

And well lit.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 9 of 9 Posts