Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Well.... made a good decision to get a Mechanical Engineering degree. Made a good decision going to work for a Utility with coal fired powerplants. Made a good decision to be willing to go where the work was. (lots of OT and Per Diem). First wife wanted absolutely nothing to do with children. Made a good decision to put the absolutely max in the company 401K program starting in 1984. Made a good decision to listen to my Dad. "Get a good job where you can move around some, put in your 30 years. Retire, collect your gold watch and go home. Waalll...35 years. Got out at 57. Made a good decision listening to my Executive "No regrets, no looking back".

Then one has to learn about Toyhaulers. Jayco 29ft bumper pull. Voltage 3800 5th wheel, and then the Entegra Motorhome. All good decision and time to learn what we really want! If Mega Millions comes through this week...then maybe a Prevost or Newell? Hmmm....

One thing for sure, as I get older, almost 67, one has to think about ease of set-up. The motorhome seems to be a piece of cake. Pull in, hit the self level button on the dash, use electric reel to spool out electric cable. Use electric spool to reel out heated water hose. Hook up powered sewer hose. DONE!! Happy hour and a cold margarita....

I'm trying not to brag...but I listened and learned. Paid the dues to understand money and finances. And second wife, er BOSS, has 5 children...whew that was work!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
My bride and I have done the same. Worked hard, worked 2-3 jobs at once, got plenty of OT also. Saved and now hope to enjoy it. We are the same age Stuart.
We had 43' Raptor 5th wheel toy haulers for quite a few years. Had to quit RVing after my last back surgery and stroke. So now if we go, it is the pickup with enclosed trailer and stay in a motel.
When we go, we tell people we are going on a S.K.I. trip= Spend Kids Inheritence
Our kids say, spend it, you earned it.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Gotta finish my e-mail to ya Johnny. Severe Traumatic Brain Injury here. Counting on the Motorhome to make things easier than the 5th wheel. And if wife, er BOSS, is happy...well...that works for me. Should be plenty left for the five stepchildren...I think.

Going to keep enjoying what I can for as long as I can. Dreamed of riding to Sturgis at 80. Idiot took that away.

So we go to the Black Hills in June and always slide over to Sturgis for a beer or two.

I'm the child my Dad said would never have two dimes to rub together.

Pirate

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Very nice deer!

·
Registered
2016 Deluxe
46 Posts
Thanks, it's my best bow buck so far. Quick story, he came in early in the season, presented a 41 yd shot at a downward slight quartering away shot so I took it... Arrow went exactly where I wanted it! buck took off, ran about 50 yds and then stopped and walked away into the woods. Long story short, I waited a couple hrs and then searched all night only to find a fading blood trail. Next morning it was pouring rain, called in a local dog unit but didn't find the buck - I was bummed. Honestly felt sick, and didn't feel like going back in the woods... This was a buck I've watched for the past 3 years. Fast forward to the rut, my dad was coming to my land to hunt so I went out for an evening hunt. At dusk, a hot doe comes in and wouldn't you know a big buck is in pursuit, when he came into range 35 yds, I made a solid shot and dropped him. I had no idea it was the same buck but it was! A month earlier, my arrow went through his left lung and out its sternum, obviously not enough to kill this tough animal. He came in after the doe like nothing was wrong - these animals are amazing. The relief was amazing, to get a chance at a great buck twice seems remarkable - same stand too! Sorry long story but one that I plan on sharing over the years at hunt camp with my boys.

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I love hearing those kinds of stories!

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
That is a dandy bull elk!
Congrats and you have some good eatin' now too.

Reactions: Micawber

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The first picture with the General and sunset is really cool! Congrats on the good kills!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well he is going to have a hard time getting his second if he follows my criteria for bucks, the next one has to be bigger than the last. I am currently sitting at 165” have shot a buck in 2 years hop this year is going to be it some early scouting and trail camera pics are showing some pretty good prospect……
BTY very nice whitetail…..

21 - 37 of 37 Posts