Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone w/ a deluxe (roof/speaker) mounted a light bar across the front, but not on the roof? I'm not overly thrilled about anything sticking out the top for branches to hit etc. I've seen several mounts and stuff, but most say they won't work with top mounted speaker (RZR) I'm not even 100% which mounts would work w/ the General, and what size bar I would need to mount below roof (in front)

I'm not 100% sure i'm going to go w/ the factory 35" bar, i've just read alot about the output, and the ability to find a brighter light bar. Any reccomendations or links to a great 35-50" light bar in the same price range?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got a 12 inch light from four wheel direct they have great great lights for a good price. I mounted mine upside down under the roof in the center of the roof but it still has enough roof for the lock and ride glass to come in and out. then tuck the wires behind your sound bar and down the pillar to the power under the hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Has anyone w/ a deluxe (roof/speaker) mounted a light bar across the front, but not on the roof? I'm not overly thrilled about anything sticking out the top for branches to hit etc. I've seen several mounts and stuff, but most say they won't work with top mounted speaker (RZR) I'm not even 100% which mounts would work w/ the General, and what size bar I would need to mount below roof (in front)

I'm not 100% sure i'm going to go w/ the factory 35" bar, i've just read alot about the output, and the ability to find a brighter light bar. Any reccomendations or links to a great 35-50" light bar in the same price range?
Check out this thread. http://www.polarisgeneralforum.com/...ectrical-lighting/1290-led-light-bars-12.html

EMP brackets are the way to go.

·
Registered
95 Posts

I've got the EMP brackets and a 42 inch curved light bar. Perfect fit

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
length

I found the mounts, whats the length of of the bar you can use w/ those pro-fit mount.

like it looks like single lights would be easy, but if I wanted to mount a BAR across, using those mounts, is it 35 , 40 etc..

Curtis, those won't work. Look for "pro fit light mount."
Here's an example from Extreme Metal Products:

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
I found the mounts, whats the length of of the bar you can use w/ those pro-fit mount.

like it looks like single lights would be easy, but if I wanted to mount a BAR across, using those mounts, is it 35 , 40 etc..
Somebody here is using these and I believe a 42" curved light bar, maybe they will chime in.

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
I mounted a 50" curved on my General below the visor. Just used the mounting brackets that came with the light. I'll take pics later

Eyourlife 50 inch Curved LED Light Bar 288W off of Amazon. Cheap enough that I figure I couldn't loose.

I put Totron LEDs bars on my 900 XP and had good luck, If this one proves to be too cheap I'll probably get one from them.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I mounted a 50" curved on my General below the visor. Just used the mounting brackets that came with the light. I'll take pics later

Eyourlife 50 inch Curved LED Light Bar 288W off of Amazon. Cheap enough that I figure I couldn't loose.

I put Totron LEDs bars on my 900 XP and had good luck, If this one proves to be too cheap I'll probably get one from them.

I used Eyourlife 4" spots on the back above the window and they are bright.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts