Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! First let me say thank you to all the long time members here who provided great information to people like myself over the years. I used this site a ton before I purchased my General. Speaking of, I have a 2019 Polaris General Deluxe and have enjoyed the heck out of it. Was set to lay out the serious $ for a set of Polaris doors until I read all of the poor reviews on the Polaris website. Now I am trying to find out if they are that bad, or there is a small group of very vocal customers that are unhappy. Either way, glad to be registered and official here.

·
Super Moderator
2,765 Posts
Welcome hamr56.

People are more likely to go out of their way to complain about something, than they are to say something good. I look at reviews on things myself, but to a point, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

With that said, I don't have the full doors, so no experience with them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Greetings from El Paso! Everything I've seen points to the Polaris half doors being the better deal and easily removable.

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
Welcome to the PGF hamr56!
As Stated complaints are easy to leave when your unhappy you want to vent when your happy not so much your busy injoying what you have. Not sure if your talking full doors or just the uppers. I wanted to inclose mine only in the colder time of year and not in the warmer times so I got the uppers went with Polaris dispite the reviews and love them fit like they should look great and easy to remove when not wanted!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome! I would echo Rockin Ronnie’s comments. We use our uppers in the cold or inclement weather, and love the ease of removal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Dang I read the post title and I thought Ed Sullivan is back “Ladies and Gentlemen” .....”The Doors”
Saw the Doors twice, first time they were great second time Morrison was too wasted and it was not good.
Anyway I have the Polaris uppers and the dealer installed them ...... poorly.
So a little adjustment here and there by bending the door supports in at the top and they work pretty good up until about 60mph and the cab air pressure bows the top of the door out just like my Jeep TJ soft doors did. I’m ok with them but wifey does complain and I have to remind her .......it’s an off road vehicle not a Prius
Cheers
Baja Charlie

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the full size Polaris doors for winter and have no complaints other than they are heavy and awkward to put on but my wife and i can do i with no problem. I wish they had a roll down window but for the time of year that we use them, we wouldn't roll the window down anyway. They are expensive but we got a very good deal on ours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Doors are a must if my entire family wants to enjoy our general all year around. I can say they are awkward and extremely heavy....but very well built. I can not stress how well built they are and well they seal up. I would not do it any other way if had to do again. I know they are bloody expensive...but no sealing issues is worth it to me. We use them about 6 months out of the year here in IL. Dont have to, but hey, if ya got em, use em!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had the same debate and ended up buying the uppers instead of the full doors. The additional cost was hard to stomach given how many other accessories we could get for that $$$ and we got the heater. We weren't looking for a perfectly sealed system and in the depths of winter and all the snow here in the Sierra we likely wouldn't have the General out anyway.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I’m sorry guys but everytime I scroll past this post I crack up. I know this is about actual doors, but the “Ladies and Gentlemen” part kills me. I started thinking????????? Heck I’ve got the Doors on my rig even when they are hanging on the garage wall and not on my rig. Just something about going across the Laguna Salada dry lake bed with the throttle pinned and “LA Woman” by the Doors blasting through the headsets ..........Rock and Roll Baby!!!!!!!!!!
BC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you so much for all your input. This really helps make me feel better about purchasing the doors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts