Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to wire a kill switch on mine.. Figured to disguise it as a light switch in with the others.. :)
Reading the service manual, it shows the wires that are connected when the ignition switch is turned on, and also those connected when you turn to start...
I selected the red/white wired which is one of those connected when the switch is turned on... I cut it (getting into that wrap of theirs, is a stone cold bitch) and ran the wire through one of the light switches..
I tested it, and low and behold, the panel doesn't light up at all, just like when the ignition switch is in the off position,.. .and it wouldn't start.. Perfect! BUT, the switch I ran it through is 5 pin, two LED switch, and now the top LED was always on, when the rest were dark (wired through orange/white ig hot line...
Now,,, theoretically,,the two terminals I connected it though should be isolated from all the others.. It would be what you would usually run to your HOT line through.. So... Makes no sense.. I was pissed... as it kinda points out which switch is different LOL...
Further irritation was experienced when I realized that the reason it wouldn't start, was I didn't have my foot on the brake.. So it was entirely possible to start the machine, and it would run, but the instrument cluster was not on, nor any of the orange/white accessories...
All I could no was tear it all back apart and return it to normal.
Anyone have any idea on which of those wires would accomplish my mission ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Couldn't you just break the wire that goes to the brake through the switch? Then if that switch was off even Turning the key and holding the brake it wouldn't start. Just a thought.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok so when you cut that wire the instrument panel and the footwell light were off with the machine running? We're the tai lights on or not? I think you just told me how to install my spy mode switch for driving blacked out for hunting.
Am I correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts