Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the delux General and I'm finding myself pushing the limits of the machine. I upgraded from a 09 700xp and at first i was very impressed with the general but the more I drive it the more I find myself questioning my choice. how much air or how big of jumps can this thing handle? I don't want to destroy it when I could get a rzr 1000 xp. thoughts or feed back would be appreciated!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the fox 2.0 that the machine comes with and all weekend I found my self bottoming out on the landing and running out of pre load on the face of the jump. I have them set hard on #3 in the front and medium #2 in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like you need a 1000xp. Doesn't sound like the way you drive meshes with the design intent of the General.
I agree with Ryan. The Shock Therapy Fox 2.5s would help but that's $4500 dollars on top of what you have already spent on the General. If you are looking for pure sport you should switch to a RZR 1000 nothing compares with their rear trailing arms and there is a ton more options to upgrade the suspension at the present time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called today to a few places. with 12 hours on my general they all wanted to give me $15k for it lol. so idk if I'll be getting a xp1000 I may just pipe it down a bit with the jumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts