Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new G2 out today to break in the belt. Rode it about 10 miles in low with varying rpm and noticed that when the mph got up to 28-30 that is all it would do. Is the mph limited in low? Put it in hi for about another 5 miles and it seemed to have plenty of power but I was only giving it maybe 1/4 throttle. So I am just curious if low is maxed out at 30 mph. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
471 Posts
Low is just that... LOW. Yea 30 is max. You were probably almost bouncing the thing off the rev limiter.

IMO you should never go that fast in low...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low is just that... LOW. Yea 30 is max. You were probably almost bouncing the thing off the rev limiter.

IMO you should never go that fast in low...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I was just letting it creep up slowly and then realized it wasn't going faster. In my RZR Rock and Trail with the 55% lower ratio I could not go above 15 mph. I figured it must have been limited but I read others saying they go much faster in low. Love this new machine so far.

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,541 Posts
The 4 seater is limited to 30 in low. My 2 seater would go faster than that in low. I don't remember what the top speed was in low though.

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,541 Posts
I've wondered the same thing... I don't like it. I'm just getting recovered financially from the holidays. I will then be getting a Power Vision tuner and Aftermarket Assassin's tune. Then no more limiters.

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,225 Posts
So keep an eye on the RPM as well as speed. Most that ask questions of this type are wondering why the rpm are so high.
Myself, in Low, I don't like to let the RPM get to 6000 unless absolutely necessary...terrain wise necessary.
in High, I don't like to let the PRM get over 7000 unless I'm driving on a paved road and the speed limit is 65 and I'm trying not to get run over by traffic from behind.
Work to learn your machine. Ask questions here...we're all here to help, and learn!''
Pirate

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So keep an eye on the RPM as well as speed. Most that ask questions of this type are wondering why the rpm are so high.
Myself, in Low, I don't like to let the RPM get to 6000 unless absolutely necessary...terrain wise necessary.
in High, I don't like to let the PRM get over 7000 unless I'm driving on a paved road and the speed limit is 65 and I'm trying not to get run over by traffic from behind.
Work to learn your machine. Ask questions here...we're all here to help, and learn!''
Pirate
Thank you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've wondered the same thing... I don't like it. I'm just getting recovered financially from the holidays. I will then be getting a Power Vision tuner and Aftermarket Assassin's tune. Then no more limiters.
It is because they have different gear ratios in the transaxle.
This is not true 100% of the time, it depends on year and model.
So you would need to provide information for the units you are comparing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts