Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. Somewhat new to the forum after purchasing a 2017 in late July. My wife and I were just looking for something to ride with our friends. Been into the four wheeler scene for quite a while and like many jumped into the sxs craze as well. No intentions of starting a build thread. (just going to keep it stock...) Here we are, still not a build but some mods throughout the month of ownership. Here's a pic of when we first got it. Some small mods already done, windshield, mirrors, bumpers, tool box, rear window and some interior lighting.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took it out one time and did really good but really was needing just a little more clearance.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

So some high clearance front arms were ordered and found a deal on some used 30x10 mongrels. Actually had a rock break one of the front wheels when it got stuck between the caliper and the wheel so decided to order some wheels too.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Was pretty happy with this except I had to lower the air pressure to get in and out of my trailer due to a screen that was installed....how to fix that....? Top chop - took 4" out
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Plant

Next trip to the badlands and again, did great!...but a little more clearance would be just perfect I think. Rear high clearance a arms waiting to be installed currently installing super atv 3" up front and 32" xtr370s
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tire
Automotive tire Tire Ruler Office ruler Bumper

And more to come I'm sure!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
This is only the beginning of adding accessories.

Reactions: cyulst2 and CGY34

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For someone who wasn’t starting a build thread you have one going….Looking good, you were bitten by the modification bug for sure….It turns into an obsession……
I can never leave anything alone so I kind of figured it would take shape but I most definitely wasn't in any hurry. Lol, this may get bad!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I like those wheels too.
Make and Model of those wheels?

Reactions: cyulst2

·
Registered
2020 Polaris general premium.
64 Posts
I see you cut your cage at the lower rear welds and took out the crossbar,I know you have to take the crossbar out temporarily. Did the cage match up ok when you welded it back together? And how did you get the cage back together? Do you use ratchet straps or something? Any tips and tricks would be appreciated,I’d like to remove 5”-6” when I do mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see you cut your cage at the lower rear welds and took out the crossbar,I know you have to take the crossbar out temporarily. Did the cage match up ok when you welded it back together? And how did you get the cage back together? Do you use ratchet straps or something? Any tips and tricks would be appreciated,I’d like to remove 5”-6” when I do mine.
The cage does get more narrow towards the top so the bottom did have to be pulled in a bit. I was able to get it aligned by using a couple of c clamps along with loosening the bolts for the rear of the cage as well. Ratchet straps may also work. I liked the c clamps better. Remember though that taking 5-6" out is going to be more narrow than the 4" that I did. That may be a stretch and require more work to get it aligned. My doors also needed a small adjustment as well for me to like how they closed, Hope that helps a bit, if you have any other questions just let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Took it out one time and did really good but really was needing just a little more clearance. View attachment 72272
So some high clearance front arms were ordered and found a deal on some used 30x10 mongrels. Actually had a rock break one of the front wheels when it got stuck between the caliper and the wheel so decided to order some wheels too.
View attachment 72274
View attachment 72275
Was pretty happy with this except I had to lower the air pressure to get in and out of my trailer due to a screen that was installed....how to fix that....? Top chop - took 4" out View attachment 72276
View attachment 72277
Next trip to the badlands and again, did great!...but a little more clearance would be just perfect I think. Rear high clearance a arms waiting to be installed currently installing super atv 3" up front and 32" xtr370s
View attachment 72278 View attachment 72279
And more to come I'm sure!
The mud looks good over the camo. Nice ride.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Looks pretty sharp.

Reactions: cyulst2

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Ruh-Roh

Reactions: 2020GeneralPremium
1 - 20 of 30 Posts