Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well decided to start a thread on the turds changes coming up. Just got my wheels and tires mounted today. Recieved my package of goodies from turner cycles( highly recommended)also today. Doing there double reverse chain,turf mode delete and there up too 40" tire gear reduction. Have the 4"HL bracket lift, s3 powersports control arms,S3 HD tie rods and the S3 titan axles all siting in my garage ready to be installed. Dropping her off tomorrow at smith monster offroad here in tyler tx to get the fun started. Cant wait to play in the mud!!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice accessories, can’t wait to see a photo of it completed! What size tires did you go with?
Decided to run 35s. I went with the BKTs. Hopefully i have enough clearance to turn this bad boys lol. The guys at Turner really gave me the confidence to run the 35s with there products honestly. Was second guessing myself before talking to them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very nice accessories, can’t wait to see a photo of it completed! What size tires did you go with?
Decided to run 35s. I went with the BKTs. Hopefully i have enough clearance to turn this bad boys lol. The guys at Turner really gave me the confidence to run the 35s with there products honestly. Was second guessing myself before talking to them.
Sounds like you’ve set up your sxs for just about anything. I really like the rims that you chose. I also went with a fuel rim and BKT’s. Just can’t believe large they are!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you’ve set up your sxs for just about anything. I really like the rims that you chose. I also went with a fuel rim and BKT’s. Just can’t believe large they are!
Not going to abuse it at all. Will have fun in it no doubt. Its just an eye opener how quickly the cost of modifying a machine really is. Wife wasn't happy about seeing 10 boxes of parts sitting in the garage lol.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Keep us updated if you would.
What did the double reverse chain and turf mode delete and all associated parts cost?
What do they figure for labor to just install that group of parts?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep us updated if you would.
What did the double reverse chain and turf mode delete and all associated parts cost?
What do they figure for labor to just install that group of parts?
Transmission parts were $2775 from turner. Shop quoted me at $600 for labor on the transmission work. Im pretty sure those parts can be found way cheaper from other sources, but the quality that turner puts out, its what sealed for me. Rather invested now than regret it while being broken down in the trails with a chain failure or turf mode explosion.

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts
Will be watching!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well picked up the turd today and let me tell ya, im very happy the way it turned out. Throttle reponse is still there, turns the 35s with ease with the gear reduction. Full lock to lock turning without any rubbing. Hoping the weather clears by Saturday to go test her out in the trails. Next step is to remove all the stickers.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man!! I envy your machine. Those portals give your ride a wider stance. I need a custom cage before thinking about buying portals since it wont fit in my garage if i go higher. Went a head and bought the grizzztek(thanks for the idea) and some headlights today for it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I thought about going your direction by just beefing up the drive train but I have a few buddies that are firm portal believers so I guess I just followed suit. I am still going to upgrade the reverse chain and a rzr spool in the near future. My garage door is the standard 7’ but I ended up having to adjust the shocks down about 3/4” to clear the door. It still slightly rubs but nothing to really worry about. But I also have a 2 seater (wish I went 4) so that might be a difference as well.

Yeah the grizzztek liners were highly recommended by multiple people on this forum. I was kind of on the fence on them but I road this past weekend thru quite a bit of mud and water with tall grass and I was quite surprised how easy it was to clean the bike. I road for about 8hrs and after cleaning it, my buddies don’t believe the bike has ever left my garage. The liners worked great. It was actually quicker to clean the General than my old ranger.

Which lights are you looking at? If I had to have a complaint so far, it’s the head lights are super dim. Most of the ride I went on, the guys behind me (darn rzr’s) with led headlights or light bars lit up the trails for me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I went and knocked the transmission out because i wanted to avoid all the problems that it has. The owner of the shop that built mine said he had done several transmissions with failed reverse chains that actually were running portals. Thats why i decided to go that route instead of just buying portals off the bat. My garage is the same height as yours. Mine barely clears it. Just cant image adding an extra 4" with portals.

As far as headlights ive been seeing a lot of guys on Facebook running some LED conversion lights off a seller on ebay. Really like the look of the angel eyes. They were only 150 so i had to give them a try. He does have them in different colors too.I will post pics as soon as they come in. ( pictures are from the ebay seller)

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good. Thinking of taking my stickers off. Was it easy? Where you left with 2 tone paint, can you tell where the stickers used to be?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kinda like with the stickers to. Reminds me of the old A team van. Thats the look im trying to go with on mine.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 149 Posts