Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for a long time getting ideas etc. figured I'm going to start asking my own questions so I might as well get this out of the way since I put my deposit down on a 2021 General XP in Super Graphite today. (2 seat)

After months of deliberating I finally made the decision to sell my old SXS (Wildcat Trail) and buy a General XP. (We ride with others that have Generals so I've tested them out, know how they ride on our trails) We end up doing a lot of trail maintenance so kinda needed more cargo space. almost decided on the new Wolverine Rmax 1000... Until I realized there is no way to add a rack to the cargo bed, unless you want to bolt it to the bed itself.. Yamaha made a very poor decision there in an otherwise great option.

Dealer showed me that it "should" be here somewhere around Oct 15th or so.. A little bit of wait time. Which gives me more time to decide what all I want to put on the General, both at time of purchase and later.

Pretty sure I'm buying:
Ride Command
Front sport upper bumper
Kick out nerf bar
Rear cargo box

Maybe:
Rear sport Bumper (not fond of the look of any of the rear bumpers, factory or aftermarket really)
Light bar. Will be buying one, but may do it over the winter.
A-Arm guards
Tires? I'll keep my questions on the tires in the tires section, since none of us in our group have used the stock XP tires.

At least I still have my Raptor 700 to ride with everyone till my new toy gets here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from the Oregon coast. Where in the PNW are you located? We ride the Oregon Dunes a bunch, but also get up to the Tillamook State Forest trails, and down to Moab, and the other Utah trails.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
North Idaho.
We do a lot of our riding around Wallace/Avery Idaho on the weekends, work too much so have not been able to travel further to ride.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Maine. The XG tires work great for me. I ride mostly gravel logging roads. Ride command isn’t worth the money IMO. Get a nice mapping setup for a tablet or smartphone. I use Guru Maps as a base map app and layer GPS Trailmasters on it. I’m not sure if there is coverage out your way or not with them. There are a few mapping outfits to choose from. For a rear bumper, check this one out. I personally don’t have it yet.

·
Registered
715 Posts
North Idaho.
We do a lot of our riding around Wallace/Avery Idaho on the weekends, work too much so have not been able to travel further to ride.
Welcome from... North Idaho but a bit west of you. Wallace/ Avery is a fantastic riding area, We don't get over there enough. :cautious:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been lurking here for a long time getting ideas etc. figured I'm going to start asking my own questions so I might as well get this out of the way since I put my deposit down on a 2021 General XP in Super Graphite today. (2 seat)

After months of deliberating I finally made the decision to sell my old SXS (Wildcat Trail) and buy a General XP. (We ride with others that have Generals so I've tested them out, know how they ride on our trails) We end up doing a lot of trail maintenance so kinda needed more cargo space. almost decided on the new Wolverine Rmax 1000... Until I realized there is no way to add a rack to the cargo bed, unless you want to bolt it to the bed itself.. Yamaha made a very poor decision there in an otherwise great option.

Dealer showed me that it "should" be here somewhere around Oct 15th or so.. A little bit of wait time. Which gives me more time to decide what all I want to put on the General, both at time of purchase and later.

Pretty sure I'm buying:
Ride Command
Front sport upper bumper
Kick out nerf bar
Rear cargo box

Maybe:
Rear sport Bumper (not fond of the look of any of the rear bumpers, factory or aftermarket really)
Light bar. Will be buying one, but may do it over the winter.
A-Arm guards
Tires? I'll keep my questions on the tires in the tires section, since none of us in our group have used the stock XP tires.

At least I still have my Raptor 700 to ride with everyone till my new toy gets here.
Hello from Spokane area. So far i like the tires on the XP. I put the sport rear bumper on mine mainly because I was worried about the muffler getting smashed. Some other bumpers don't stick out much. I ended up putting a Razorback rack on mine and really like it. Well made. The Ride Command is a nice upgrade...but spendy. Just depends what you want out of it. The audio isn't that great, but I think Polaris will eventually get it squared away. The maps, gauge layout and bluetooth are cool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome from Pinehurst. I just got a new Sport model a couple weeks ago and am finally getting close to finishing up with installing all the accessories. Hopefully see you out there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts