Polaris General Forum banner

It was a good 5 years.......

6K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Papermaker 
#1 ·
But all things must end.

I just placed a deposit on a 2024 RZR XP 4. Looking at mid-June for delivery.

I considered everything from a Pro XP to a Pro R and was leaning towards the Pro XP until I saw the new XP. It will be an upgrade from the General, but probably all we need.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

#3 ·
Herdfan, I hear ya I actually have my General up for sale as well it has been and still is a great machine. My wife and I have enjoyed it very much but she hasn’t like the tippy feeling of the General since day one, I two am going to be going to an RZR 1000XP but need to sell the G first so if anybody is looking for a good reliable machine give me a shout…

#4 ·
#9 ·
Me too. :)

Been watching every youtube video I can find. Looks like a very impressive machine.

Reactions: SuperATV
#8 ·
There were 2 main issues. The fuel rail on the XP Turbo's did leak and could cause fires. That machine is no longer produced and the new XP will be NA only.

Second, too many people were storing/transporting gasoline in the bed improperly. It leaks, drips on a hot engine and causes a fire.

Why wouldn't insurance pay?

Reactions: Johnny 7
#11 ·
If I were him, I would put in a call to his State Insurance Commissioner and have them look into it.
Won't cost him a dime as that is what they do to keep insurance companies in-check.
I had to do this once with hail damage, their estimate was waaay too low and they wouldn't raise it at all. Called the State Insurance Commission in ND where I lived at the time, and they checked it out and within 2 weeks, I had a check for the correct amount.

Reactions: bobx2 and Herdfan
#13 ·
I would strongly consider an XP4 if I were to replace the general. They did all the things in the 2024 Xp that I didn't like about the RZR, but included in the General. From power, seating position and bed size. You are gonna love it. It's like an ultra sporty General 4.

#16 ·
I will have to check one out in person when the local dealers gets one on the floor…I sat in a 2022 that they had on the floor left over or could even have been a 2023 offering 2000 off price and 1000 in accessories….Just cannot do it too tight and a little seat at 6’3” 280# I am not what you would consider a small guy….Maybe the 24 will fit better…

#17 ·
I think that is a major flaw in Polaris’ naming structure. People don’t realize the differences or that changes were made.

The new 2024 RZR XP is not in dealers showrooms and is a complete redesign. A handful of prototypes were given to a few industry experts and influencers. I doubt there are many folks that have actually seen one in person.
Once you see the cab and seats you will see how it more closely compares to the upright seating of the General.

#22 ·
I just noticed they eliminated the analog gauges on the 2024 RZR xp lineup! All you get is the ride command screen! Seems like POPO is cheaping out. Hope they don't do the same on the new general. As a replacement They give you some tie down loops on the front bumper 😂. I really like my gauge cluster, A Lot better than looking at black plastic!

#23 ·
That is one of the main complaints. But people have short memories in that the General was the first (Ok, maybe the Ranger) to have a cluster in front of the wheel. The RZR's (XP and Turbo S) got them in 2018 and I don't think the Trail or "S" models got it until the last refresh. Until then, a big round speedo was in the middle. So what was old, is new again. ;)

Reactions: deanrowski
#24 ·
I stopped at the Polaris store to pick up my new fuel hose this morning. In a hurry to get home...but there were three huge RZRs on the showroom floor. Didn't look closely,
but I don't think any of them would fit in my trailer! Its 8 ft wide, door way is 7 ft tall and interior ceiling it 7 ft 6".
Is this what your moving to? I think one was a turbo. But talk about a big machine!
Best of luck with the move!
Pirate

#25 ·
No, but it is what I "Wanted". The Pro R 4 is a beast.

No, the new XP is about the same size as a General.

#33 ·
I have considered a KRX …
I did as well, but couldn't get past the extra 300#.

Plus, I already know how to fix most crap on a Polaris and didn't want to have to learn a new machine all over again.

#38 ·
Well guys it has been great being here and reading about everybody’s experiences but it is time to move on. After finally being able to sit in the 2024 RZR XP 1000 and Polaris offering 3000$ off I decided to go ahead and and treat myself to one. I still have the General but it will be going up for sale when the weather breaks, I can only hope the new RZR will be as reliable as the General has been over the last 6 years…Stay safe and Happy riding…

Attachments