Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On February 22, I ordered a 2021 General Sport with a number of options. The dealer told me that I could expect delivery in May however last week he learned that there is no build date scheduled and didn't see one happening. My dealer and the Polaris representative were back and forth all week on this with no solution. Apparently there are machines being built and I could probably get a General Deluxe that would be shipped between June 21 to July 6. No other Generals are currently scheduled for production. Ranger premium models are being built and it appears that's about it. I'm supposed to get a final answer by Monday afternoon. I have not ruled out a General Deluxe, but it's hard to justify the extra cost for features I don't need. I've reached out to a local Yamaha dealer for a quote on a similarly equipped Wolverine. I'm bummed out about this development but I understand that demand is exceeding the supply of new machines. I just wish I had been made aware that the delivery of the machine I ordered was questionable when I placed the order. The dealer said he was blind sided by the news as well.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
If you are going to change machines...give the Kawasaki KRX a good look.

If you're around Moab...ROTR there will be three manufacturers doing test rides...

I like the "4-lock" feature of the KRX.

Pirate

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I don't get it. Some places are just hurting for inventory but my local Polaris dealer is smoking.https://www.lexingtonmotorsports.com/

by the way I am the new guy. went from the Honda 1000 pioneer to the Polaris General and never looking back.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Well, it's a supply and demand situation and that can vary from place to place.

In our small city. We are convinced that turn signals are a very expensive option on white cars. And no one is willing to pay for them. Our NAPA store does not carry
Blinker Fluid. People just seem to let their vehicle run out, and since they can't get it...well. Amazon doesn't carry it either.

That's the way it is these days.

Pirate

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000
29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After much deliberation, I am going to bite the bullet and get the General Deluxe. I could have waited until late summer to order a Sport or could have bought a different brand machine altogether. I probably won't be riding until mid July but that's life.

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP 4 Ride Command
96 Posts
If I was going outside of Polaris (yes, you said you're getting the deluxe, its what I got too) I would have to give the Honda Talon 4 seater a hard look.......shifting and sound alone is a seller, but it wont work on a farm tag tax deal......bummer

·
Registered
5 Posts
On February 22, I ordered a 2021 General Sport with a number of options. The dealer told me that I could expect delivery in May however last week he learned that there is no build date scheduled and didn't see one happening. My dealer and the Polaris representative were back and forth all week on this with no solution. Apparently there are machines being built and I could probably get a General Deluxe that would be shipped between June 21 to July 6. No other Generals are currently scheduled for production. Ranger premium models are being built and it appears that's about it. I'm supposed to get a final answer by Monday afternoon. I have not ruled out a General Deluxe, but it's hard to justify the extra cost for features I don't need. I've reached out to a local Yamaha dealer for a quote on a similarly equipped Wolverine. I'm bummed out about this development but I understand that demand is exceeding the supply of new machines. I just wish I had been made aware that the delivery of the machine I ordered was questionable when I placed the order. The dealer said he was blind sided by the news as well.
I ordered a General Sport in late January and put down a deposit- 2 weeks later the dealer iIn AZ told me that production was temporarily halted until summer. I had to change order to a premium, even though it has some features that I didn’t need. I finally got an estimated ship date of May 5. I think the Sport model was the best bang for the money, probably why they stopped production!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well finally some good news, my General Deluxe has been built and shipped! My dealer says he expects to see it in his yard on Saturday. All my accessories have been in for a month or two so there's no holdup with them. I'm hoping to have it in MY yard by the 4th of July weekend!

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 XP 4 Ride Command
96 Posts
Well finally some good news, my General Deluxe has been built and shipped! My dealer says he expects to see it in his yard on Saturday. All my accessories have been in for a month or two so there's no holdup with them. I'm hoping to have it in MY yard by the 4th of July weekend!
You must have gotten my windshield......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
665 Posts
What color did you get been waiting for an xp4 for six months and counting
That’s really sucks!
When I bought mine last year it took my dealer 2 weeks to get it, prep it, and out the door!

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000 on order
30 Posts
Maineboy what color did you end up with?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts