Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man are these things fun to modify or what!!?? I have a general deluxe and would love to change the accessory lighting to orange rather than blue!!??? Has anyone done that yet?? I'm talking the lights that light up the floor boards and so forth!! If so what did you do I'm sure the res owners are thinking the same thing!! Thanks for the help in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Really easy to do just get these and swap out the 3 blue led's

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am planning on changing mine out as well. I believe the blue lights may draw in the bugs and the orange and amber may not. Pretty cool that Polaris put them in there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered the lights today!! Haven't had a chance to take a close look at the original ones. Is this a simple replace bulb or actually splicing the new ones in??

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Should be a simple splice. There's a little clip on each light that holds it in the dash, that'll need to be transferred over as well.

Yes will need to splice in the new lights but the blue light put in from Polaris just pull out of the holder that will stay in the lower dash plastic and you will be able to push the new light once you splice wire into the holder if you want to keep the stock locations!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Tiny little dab of clear silicone on side of led then put back in will not move till you remove!
On a side note for those that do not know! Do not use silicone on bare wires as it is corrosive to wires!

Reactions: Trapper and Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have had mine to pop out as well sometimes. Ordered a 50 pack or the plastic sockets in hopes they will work a bit better than the ones Polaris used. One of mine had the locking tabs to fall off. We'll see how the new ones do. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Yea we already know the front drive shaft manufacture has no Quality control!

Reactions: Trapper and Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had mine to pop out as well sometimes. Ordered a 50 pack or the plastic sockets in hopes they will work a bit better than the ones Polaris used. One of mine had the locking tabs to fall off. We'll see how the new ones do. :smile2:
Where did you buy them?

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Not sure about the other ones mentioned, But these are the ones that I got. They lock down pretty good with the nuts and I soldered them to the factory wires. They work great and are much brighter. I never thought about changing the color, that might be pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
This is just three of those lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
They come with stock interior lights?

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
They come with stock interior lights?
There are three blue leds, one is above the power plug in the center console, and one above each speaker. I replaced my stock ones with a bigger and brighter blue (listed a few posts before). I like the light the new ones put out better. They are on all the time that the key is on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are three blue leds, one is above the power plug in the center console, and one above each speaker. I replaced my stock ones with a bigger and brighter blue (listed a few posts before). I like the light the new ones put out better. They are on all the time that the key is on.
I’m not seeing these on mine. I drove it at night last night and had no interior lights. I thought it was odd.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
I’m not seeing these on mine. I drove it at night last night and had no interior lights. I thought it was odd.
Nothing, not even a faint blue light

1 - 20 of 21 Posts