Polaris General Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
are you guys using the brake when trailering? just curious if this is bad or if it has any affect on the machine. ive been trailering mine with it engaged and was just thinking about this...
It seems to be the best time to use it. As I know my machine is not beating up the tranny sitting in park. I have also put a padlock on my spring brake thingy if I know I am going to be parked outside overnight on the ground or trailer in an unknown area. When in the black hills I would lock it up outside our VRBO.

But yes, when trailering, I put it in neutral once strapped and set the parking brake. Way easier to replace brake pads/fluid than a tranny. But there is little to no wear when set, unlike actually using the brakes to slow down.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I have the Spring Brake Thingy now. Have one of the very earliest. But this one you just reach down and pull up with one hand. The SPT you have to use left foot. My left leg got all busted up in a bike wreck Aug 3rd, 1984. So using a hand would be a lot easier.

So trying to make sure this one fits the General before I order one.
Thanks,
Pirate

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,317 Posts
Here's the one for the General Pirate. I bought the wrong one and had to cancel the order and reorder

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the Spring Brake Thingy now. Have one of the very earliest. But this one you just reach down and pull up with one hand. The SPT you have to use left foot. My left leg got all busted up in a bike wreck Aug 3rd, 1984. So using a hand would be a lot easier.

So trying to make sure this one fits the General before I order one.
Thanks,
Pirate
At least once you settle on a new brake, you will find it very easy to get your money out of the SBT. They have gone up in price enough that you may be able to get what you have in it back selling it used. I would have bought one used, when I got mine.

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
So I just installed the lever style park brake on my 2019 Gen. I kind of like the design and believe under certain circumstances it will be easier to set. I think my girlfriend will find it easier and I think with my huge Sorrel snow boots this winter it will work better. Now as to install, The adjusting bolt on mine was too long as I had to basically bottom it out for correct tension. That being said the bolt started getting very hard to turn with about a half inch more needed and i felt it was starting to either bottom out on inside of the rod or it was not threaded deep enough. Rather than chase the threads I decided just to use a shorter bolt. I ended up tightening it with one lock nut on it all the way. Perfect tension! I did grease the plunger rod lightly and put a drop of machine oil on the other pivot points, Smooth as silk now.
I am still keeping the SBT in place as I like the ability of locking it when i take off on long hikes or overnights at motels. And have not yet found a way to lock the new one although I haven't really put much thought into it.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design
Plus two is one one is none! Sorry for the long wind as I'm sure most of you already know this info.

·
Registered
2022 G4 Delux RC Ghost White (ordered 9/1/21) & 2017 Sportsman 570
106 Posts
Looks great!! I just recieved mine in the mail last week! Now I just need my new machine!! lol (you should see the crap I have waiting for this thing, we are all the same on here I believe) 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2018 G4. And because of this forum, way too many mods to list!
123 Posts
Deanrowski, not trying to hijack this thread, but what is, and where did you get the storage bag that is in the wasted space under your shifter? And is it fastened to the plastic to keep it in place? That looks handy! Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love their descriptions. "Semi Water Resistant" In other words, your stuff will be dry, until it gets wet. (smile)

They don't BS you, for under $40, you get what you pay for. I have had good luck with their products when you set your expectations up front. I'm glad not everyone is out to take you for every penny. This is the perfect bag to put stuff that you just don't want rolling around, but could get wet or dirty.

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
234 Posts
FYI prp has a bag on ebay. It's $55 (free shipping). If that bag is like the other PRP stuff I've bought, it's most likely worth the extra $20...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 G4. And because of this forum, way too many mods to list!
123 Posts
Thanks all! Already placed my order for the kemimoto. It will serve its porpous. I was already planning on taking it out when I wash it.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts