Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just received my Unique Off Road Products parking brake. It took more time to find my tools than to install it. GREAT idea, GREAT engineering, GREAT finish. And I didn't have time to finish my beer. Guess I'll just have to take on another project before it gets warm.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Installed parking Brake today, took a about as much time to drink 1 Beer, If you are tired of Deadlifting your General out of park when stopped on a hill, here's the ticket, just engage the brake, put car in park, before taking off put car in gear, and release brake, takes all the Pressure on the tranny.. about $37 Shipped, a small price to save your tranny..Andy Keller @ Unique Off Road Products builds a Great Product made in the 🇺🇸 Keep it in MERICA View attachment 69609 View attachment 69610 View attachment 69611
Do the brake lights stay on while the park brake is engaged?

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General 1000 Deluxe
25 Posts
Hiiiiiiii; I’m new here just purchased a 2017 Deluxe a couple of weeks ago , there is sooo much info here . I’ve got a stupid question for you guys, why would I put one of these on my General when it has the park position on gear shift . I’m sure there is a good reason why, like I said am new . Take Care

·
Registered
806 Posts
Drive up a hill and stop half way up, then put your machine in park. Get out wander around for a minute relieve yourself if needed, now get back in and try to shift from park to whatever….Now you know why it’s necessary with the brakes locked and then put your machine into park all that pressure on the transmission has now been relieved and make it much easier to get out of park….good luck…

·
Registered
2020 general XP
177 Posts
are you guys using the brake when trailering? just curious if this is bad or if it has any affect on the machine. ive been trailering mine with it engaged and was just thinking about this...

21 - 40 of 61 Posts