Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about half way through a set of 16 awg steel read "inner fenders". I will post some pics when I get them fabed out. They mount in front of the rear tires on the 2"x 3" frame member just outside of the bed lock and bend in for tire clearance and go all the way down to the bottom 1" round tubing the supports the body. You can still access the dipstick on the passenger side and it will guard the belt intake on the driver side.

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
I am about half way through a set of 16 awg steel read "inner fenders". I will post some pics when I get them fabed out. They mount in front of the rear tires on the 2"x 3" frame member just outside of the bed lock and bend in for tire clearance and go all the way down to the bottom 1" round tubing the supports the body. You can still access the dipstick on the passenger side and it will guard the belt intake on the driver side.
I am really interested in seeing pis of that ^^^^!!:smile2:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the passenger side guard so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good. Keep us all posted on your progress.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
95 Posts

How did you make each separate bend? I have make some out of 1/16 industrial rubber as it was readily available but I would love you make what you have

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you make each separate bend? I have make some out of 1/16 industrial rubber as it was readily available but I would love you make what you have
I cut the metal out on our cnc plasma and the formed it in a sheet metal brake.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I just ordered a piece of kydex and I am going to try to make something for that area. I am not as talented as the Alaskan Bear,or treebeme but it looks like a easy spot to try out my talent.

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
I just ordered a piece of kydex and I am going to try to make something for that area. I am not as talented as the Alaskan Bear,or treebeme but it looks like a easy spot to try out my talent.
Alaskan47 is a Guru on that Kydex his pieces fit perfectly!!! he should patent them!! I owe him big time!!! Hopefully I can catch up with him next time he ventures over to A town from his island!!:grin2:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Alaskan47 is a Guru on that Kydex his pieces fit perfectly!!! he should patent them!! I owe him big time!!! Hopefully I can catch up with him next time he ventures over to A town from his island!!:grin2:
I have to agree with you ak47 is the master and a good story teller I bet he can outthink a bear. I am very grateful for his help I am doing the modification to my Blue and I have called him several times and he has talked me through it. I would make a trip to A just to shake his hand and say thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Talent and time we can do anything.

Reactions: 2722 and Trapper

·
Registered
408 Posts
Looks good. Be careful not to trap too much heat by totally closing everything in. I made this mistake on my Ranger. Seats got hot and I melted some under bed protection.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts