Polaris General Forum banner
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Ruh-Roh stay off the sidewalks 34 Ford is street legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)(y):eek:

Reactions: 34Ford

·
Registered
2018 General deluxe ride command.
14 Posts
For those thinking of purchasing a Inferno cab heater, two weeks ago I ordered a Inferno heater for my General upon receiving and unpacking the heater I noticed that the shut off valve that you tie to the oil cooler line was not provide. This morning I called them and they stated that they were out of that part and are just sending the units out with a T and it would work fine and not effect the functionality of the unit.....OK!!!! I understand that but the reason I went with there heater was for this feature so I could shut off the flow of coolant to the heater coil during the warmer months, they took my name and number and said I would get a call when they have the part in stock again (I have been lied to before and this sure feels like one) I understand that COVID-19 has supply chains screwed up but you (Inferno) need to let the costumer know that before purchasing and let us decide if we want to order your product or something else. So here is my dilemma install what they sent and hope they will send me the valve or send it back and go another route? This kind of stuff just #$**’s me off, change you posting add a disclaimer something !!!!
with the blower off and the vents closed i don't feel any heat coming in my cab. Everyone is having some kind of supply problems. They said they'd send me 1. A 10 minute job or less. I would much rather have my heat now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
This is great to hear everyone's reports. I have mine on order for my G4. I did order the extra vent extension kit as well.

Anyone with photos of where they put their extra vents in the back? or did you just put them in the dash as expected? Also, did you guys drop your skid plate for the coolant hose? I was thinking I could just run it down the tunnel easily. They say drop the skid plate in the directions.

Thank you,

·
Registered
2021 General 4 XP Ride Command
149 Posts
Never did. Just went with the Inferno on my 21 and left the sub alone. The Inferno seems a little weaker than the OEM but not by much...and definitely not enough to justify $700 more, imho.
I agree that the inferno is not quite as powerful as the Polaris heater, I decided to keep the subwoofer I paid for and use the inferno. Overall it’s a nice unit for the price

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is great to hear everyone's reports. I have mine on order for my G4. I did order the extra vent extension kit as well.

Anyone with photos of where they put their extra vents in the back? or did you just put them in the dash as expected? Also, did you guys drop your skid plate for the coolant hose? I was thinking I could just run it down the tunnel easily. They say drop the skid plate in the directions.

Thank you,
I actually ordered 2 extra sets of vents, did 2 in the dash, which are awesome for warming up your hands, then the second set I asked for Louvers and put them in the back. I just ran my coolant hose through the tunnel and zip tied it along the way and used extra hose to wrap it anywhere it may rub.

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just got my inferno heater today with extension kit. And looky looky, this was in the box! I see inferno is asking customers from the past few months to reach out to them if they did not recieve their valve. As they will ship one out to them. This will be a fun install this weekend.

Thanks for all the tips, tricks and photos guys. I'm sure it won't be that hard. A person just get's nervous with a project they have not done before. Although I have had my dash and center console out a couple times before.

Shipping box Packing materials Box Carton Plastic

·
Registered
38 Posts
Last week, I received the valve from Inferno. and installed it today. Now I can shut the heater completely off in the summer and I might even get a little more heat this way in the winter (no Y so the coolant only goes only where in needs to). Thank you Inferno for following up on this.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I actually ordered 2 extra sets of vents, did 2 in the dash, which are awesome for warming up your hands, then the second set I asked for Louvers and put them in the back. I just ran my coolant hose through the tunnel and zip tied it along the way and used extra hose to wrap it anywhere it may rub.

View attachment 73114
I had to reach out to my dealer and get two more of the round ones for the rear. I think this is the way to go as well as it give you more options for heat directions.

I got mine most of the way. I trashed one of the small hose clamps, so I could not fire it up and top my coolant. I did use hose pinchers to keep most of my coolant in, so that helps. But I have to run and get another small hose clamp tomorrow at the hardware store.

Quick tip to those doing this, be careful with the louvered vents as they can easily break if you are trying to get them to clip into the dash. The dash is thicker plastic than they are designed for. The don’t need to snap down fully to be solid.

What I am curious about, how did you guys use the clips on the back of the heater? I see they say to use those clips and then zip ties. Do they attach to the heater core vents, and then give the hose something to hang on once zip tied? And how the **** do you get under that dash to attach those vent hoses now that it’s installed?

That’s what I have left.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had to reach out to my dealer and get two more of the round ones for the rear. I think this is the way to go as well as it give you more options for heat directions.

I got mine most of the way. I trashed one of the small hose clamps, so I could not fire it up and top my coolant. I did use hose pinchers to keep most of my coolant in, so that helps. But I have to run and get another small hose clamp tomorrow at the hardware store.

Quick tip to those doing this, be careful with the louvered vents as they can easily break if you are trying to get them to clip into the dash. The dash is thicker plastic than they are designed for. The don’t need to snap down fully to be solid.

What I am curious about, how did you guys use the clips on the back of the heater? I see they say to use those clips and then zip ties. Do they attach to the heater core vents, and then give the hose something to hang on once zip tied? And how the **** do you get under that dash to attach those vent hoses now that it’s installed?

That’s what I have left.
Haha! Getting the hoses onto the heater core was interesting, seems like I reached in from the front of the machine while I still had everything tore apart. The only clips I remember went on the louver vents, then I zip tied them as well.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts