Polaris General Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
OK, it is not listed as G4 kit but says if you are installing in a G4 you my want to purchase the Heat extender kits which gives you additional vents and hose.
I messaged Inferno about this, as I am interested in what is included and where one would install them. My guess is you would put them in the center tunnel in the rear seating area. Not sure where else you could put them.

·
Registered
2021 General 4 XP Ride Command
149 Posts
I messaged Inferno about this, as I am interested in what is included and where one would install them. My guess is you would put them in the center tunnel in the rear seating area. Not sure where else you could put them.
The heater kit itself comes with 4 vents , 2 round louvers for the floor, and 2 defrost vents in the top of the dash. When I put mine in, I ordered 2 of the extender kits giving me a total of 8 vents. Each extender kit comes with extra hose and 2 vents. I had them send me 2 additional louvers, and 2 additional rectangle vents. I put the 2 rectangle vents in the dash facing the driver/passenger, and routed hose through the tunnel to the back and put the extra 2 louvers on the tunnel for the passengers in the back !

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Ride Comand
307 Posts
Well I am less than happy with FueledUTV. Ordered a Inferno General heater and it shows up for a RZR. Think I will request a refund and order one direct from Inferno.

·
Registered
307 Posts
They are going to send a return label and then send the right one. Inferno charges tax so I will just wait on Fueledutv.

·
Registered
177 Posts
They are going to send a return label and then send the right one. Inferno charges tax so I will just wait on Fueledutv.
Who is this FueledUTV that they don't have to charge tax? Those laws for online retail went into effect a long time ago. Sounds shady. I hit up their website, and it "looked legit" But if they are not collecting tax, they are short for this world.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
That is quite a savings. Helps pay for some of the shipping.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Actually fueled UTV dropped shipped my heater from a warehouse in IA. And now they are getting Inferno to drop ship the right heater to them with my return label.
So my heater I ordered on the 14th is a ongoing process. I am going to be in the Rockhouse trails starting tomorrow........ without the heater.

·
Registered
177 Posts
There are still a lot of sites that do not charge tax ….I ordered my Shock Therapy Springs through a third party vendor, no tax and free shipping saved me around 90$.
That's interesting to hear. I'm not the tax police by any means. It used to be the main reason why folks shopped online, was to avoid tax, especially on big ticket items. What they are literally doing is passing the responsibility of paying use tax/sales tax onto the customer. (like anyone is going to do that) It's the very reason you see Amazon, Ebay, Facebook marketplace all charging tax now. (something about a law, smile)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Back from my trip riding the Rockhouse trails. I sure hope the defroster vents work. It rained Tuesday and having the cabin enclosed really fogged up the windshield. It was no fun riding and not able to see the trail and having to wipe the windshield constantly.

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
234 Posts
Back from my trip riding the Rockhouse trails. I sure hope the defroster vents work. It rained Tuesday and having the cabin enclosed really fogged up the windshield. It was no fun riding and not able to see the trail and having to wipe the windshield constantly.
I can tell you my polaris heater opens up areas with the defrost vents and I don't have upper doors yet... so I'm sure that with doors, it'd work that much better

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dang. I have about 11 hours in this install and I haven't hooked up the hoses yet. So what did you guys use to clamp off the hose to prevent losing so much antifreeze I know they make hose pinch pliers.

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
234 Posts
Dang. I have about 11 hours in this install and I haven't hooked up the hoses yet. So what did you guys use to clamp off the hose to prevent losing so much antifreeze I know they make hose pinch pliers.
Needle nose vise grips works well for that...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Pinch pliers is what I use for hoses.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts