Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those thinking of purchasing a Inferno cab heater, two weeks ago I ordered a Inferno heater for my General upon receiving and unpacking the heater I noticed that the shut off valve that you tie to the oil cooler line was not provide. This morning I called them and they stated that they were out of that part and are just sending the units out with a T and it would work fine and not effect the functionality of the unit.....OK!!!! I understand that but the reason I went with there heater was for this feature so I could shut off the flow of coolant to the heater coil during the warmer months, they took my name and number and said I would get a call when they have the part in stock again (I have been lied to before and this sure feels like one) I understand that COVID-19 has supply chains screwed up but you (Inferno) need to let the costumer know that before purchasing and let us decide if we want to order your product or something else. So here is my dilemma install what they sent and hope they will send me the valve or send it back and go another route? This kind of stuff just #$**’s me off, change you posting add a disclaimer something !!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
For those thinking of purchasing a Inferno cab heater, two weeks ago I ordered a Inferno heater for my General upon receiving and unpacking the heater I noticed that the shut off valve that you tie to the oil cooler line was not provide. This morning I called them and they stated that they were out of that part and are just sending the units out with a T and it would work fine and not effect the functionality of the unit.....OK!!!! I understand that but the reason I went with there heater was for this feature so I could shut off the flow of coolant to the heater coil during the warmer months, they took my name and number and said I would get a call when they have the part in stock again (I have been lied to before and this sure feels like one) I understand that COVID-19 has supply chains screwed up but you (Inferno) need to let the costumer know that before purchasing and let us decide if we want to order your product or something else. So here is my dilemma install what they sent and hope they will send me the valve or send it back and go another route? This kind of stuff just #$**’s me off, change you posting add a disclaimer something !!!!
got mine in yesterday and its not there either.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Would almost bet that "if" they get them in, you will be charged for the valve. Maybe not but wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I agree you should have been called and explained or asked if you wanted it without the valve.

Reactions: Demersj

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
That just poor business practices no matter how you slice it! It would feel like a lie to me also.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I really had to do some soul searching to spend double the price for the Polaris heater, but did it anyway. No regrets. And with the Polaris heater, you can control the flow of coolant through the heater. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Call them and demand an email stating you will receive the part free of charge when it comes in or you will be returning the heater.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wonder how long they thought they could get away with this, so the way I understand it is everyone getting a Inferno heater at this current time is receiving it without the bypass valve and then you have to decide once you get it to either install without the valve or go through the BS of returning it and waiting for them to refund your money. This is total BS and terrible business practice, I am still trying to decide what to do.....One thing for sure I am not spending a grand on the OEM heater......

·
Registered
15 Posts
That’s terrible, I feel they for sure should have said something and notified you of a back order. I can’t opt for the Polaris brand since I have the Fosgate stereo with sub in the dash. I will keep this is mind and call them before I order.

·
Registered
2018 G4. And because of this forum, way too many mods to list!
123 Posts
I purchased mine last month, about 2 weeks before Christmas and I got the shut off. It does suck that they didn’t warn you first when you placed your order, or at least said they would ship it to you to replace when their orders were filled.

·
Registered
Super Graphite 2021 XP 1000 Deluxe with RC
148 Posts
I emailed Inferno and they promptly replied to me.

Hi Joel,

It might not be for a couple months, so we're just sending them out in the spring. The thing with the shut-offs is that you won't even want to use them until the summer, and they are really easy to splice onto a heater hose down the road. So this won't affect winter heater performance. We'll get them out in the Spring when our supplier is able to get them to us, but most guys won't even use the shut-off in the summer, so a lot of times they just tell us not to send it.

Thanks for the message,

Adam

So, it sounds like they will send the shut-off valves out when they have them in stock. Unfortunately, if you install the heater now and install the valve later, you will have to empty the coolant and refill it again after installing the valve.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General 4 deluxe
73 Posts
That’s terrible, I feel they for sure should have said something and notified you of a back order. I can’t opt for the Polaris brand since I have the Fosgate stereo with sub in the dash. I will keep this is mind and call them before I order.
I had my sub removed to have the OEM heater installed. I am working on a relocation on my own when I have time. I’ve found a work around just need the man hours to get it done. The radio actually sounds pretty good without the sub in the meantime

·
Registered
76 Posts
I emailed Inferno and they promptly replied to me.

Hi Joel,

It might not be for a couple months, so we're just sending them out in the spring. The thing with the shut-offs is that you won't even want to use them until the summer, and they are really easy to splice onto a heater hose down the road. So this won't affect winter heater performance. We'll get them out in the Spring when our supplier is able to get them to us, but most guys won't even use the shut-off in the summer, so a lot of times they just tell us not to send it.

Thanks for the message,

Adam
When I installed mine I used clamps on the hoses, sell at harbor freight, didn’t even drain antifreeze. Worked well!

So, it sounds like they will send the shut-off valves out when they have them in stock. Unfortunately, if you install the heater now and install the valve later, you will have to empty the coolant and refill it again after installing the valve.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris XP-4 General
69 Posts
I also purchased the Inferno Heater for my new General XP4 from my dealer. I haven’t gone through my kit yet and will check for it now! My dealer says this is a better unit than the Polaris one and haven’t heard of any problems. I think you’re OK installing it now and add the valve later when available. Good Luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was going to buy the inferno but found a brand new Jegs heater like JSMetalcraft used in his post for $50. I've spent a few hours looking for everything else and put together a 6 vent system for $290. I contacted inferno to see if I could buy there valve and they told me it wasn't available. So I built my own. I couldn't find a T pattern valve at a reasonable price so I got an L pattern and used a 90° barbed fitting.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 126 Posts