Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you need someone to be a tester for a pair without the uppers on door, I’ll be your guy! I do like the looks and was going to ask you about them like pirate did, but saw your comment in regards to door uppers. If you figure it out or have other placement options, let me know. I am definitely interested in them. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you so much, Pirate! I hope they are just what you need. :)

Rkerns, I’ll spend some time to see if I can come up with a secure mounting method for the bags without uppers. I may have an idea rolling around in my noggin...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I tested out one of my ideas for mounting the bags without the uppers. I really dislike any permanent modifications to mount or install anything and I avoid it if possible. I came up with two options; one is two top straps that are sandwiched between the door panel and the door skin. You just loosen the two big torx screws on the door panel enough to slip a trim tool (or screwdriver) in between the panels to create a gap and put the straps in. Slide the bag into place with the straps between the door panel & skin, then remove the trim tool & retighten the torx screws. Using this method, it took a LOT of pressure to pull the bag out; like way more pressure than the weight of anything you could put in this size bag. There will be the usual Velcro tab at the bottom V to keep them from flopping.

The other method requires drilling 2 holes in the door panel and using the plastic "poppers" to hold the bag in place. I have not tested that method because I don't want to drill holes in my door panel, but they're the same fasteners that held my Jeep Wrangler's grill on, so I'm confident they're secure.

Photos of the strap method:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am with you, I wouldn’t prefer to drill any holes either. But if the other method works and keeps items secure and clean instead of collecting dust in the open compartment area on the dash, I’m sold! When you have a set for sale, please just let me know as I’d like to get a pair from you. Thank you, Ray

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sounds good, Ray! I ordered Mil-Spec webbing for the pinch straps, so when that gets here, I will replace the standard webbing I have on there now. My hope is that the Mil-Spec stuff is more durable than the "regular" kind, but I won't really know until it gets here & I can compare. I made this set with a spot for Velcro morale patches. I think it looks pretty cool & you can change the look anytime!
If you like this style, I can sell you this set once I replace the webbing with the Mil-Spec. Doesn't come with my flag patches, though. Sorry! ;)

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but these "Dirt Bags" (ha!) are made of 1000D Cordura and premium YKK zippers/pulls. 👍🏻

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will be more than happy to take that set off your hands for you! No worries on the patches, I’m sure I can grab some offline somewhere!! Thank you again very much!
Btw, the flag patch does look good on it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sounds good. I'll let you know when I get the other straps sorted. Hopefully, the roll arrives tomorrow or Saturday. Oh, you can get the patches on Amazon.
Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@Rkerns9770 I finished the set of Dirt Bags with the heavier webbing and bigger stopper for the pinch straps. I modeled & 3D printed the stopper to what I think is a perfect size. I also 3D printed the zipper pulls, but you can take them off if you don't like them on there. Anyhow, here are the photos of the bags. I'll also PM you. 👍🏻

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Excellent! Thanks for letting me know! If you have any issues with them fitting or the mounting, etc, just shoot me an email.
Thanks again!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts