Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I posted a post called “Message to Noobies” you can go to the search function and find it. I wrote it because I noticed an influx of new off roaders to the forum and much thought was put into the write up to give the Noobie (new to the sport) some insight into a starting point to improve your off roading experience. Many new members are not new to off roading and probably have the experience and knowledge in the post but some could benefit by reading the post. We didn’t have forums or social media back in the sixties and we learned many things the hard way.
Look it up the post and give it a read

Cheers
Baja Charlie

·
Registered
14 Posts
A while back I posted a post called “Message to Noobies” you can go to the search function and find it. I wrote it because I noticed an influx of new off roaders to the forum and much thought was put into the write up to give the Noobie (new to the sport) some insight into a starting point to improve your off roading experience. Many new members are not new to off roading and probably have the experience and knowledge in the post but some could benefit by reading the post. We didn’t have forums or social media back in the sixties and we learned many things the hard way.
Look it up the post and give it a read

Cheers
Baja Charlie
Thanks BajaCharlie- allow me to add, you may read his post and think " nope, would never happen to me!" Or "I don't need to think about that, that only happens to idiots" look in the mirror and ask yourself "have I ever heard of or have seen a news cast were someone dies because of an atv or utv accident?" Do you think they started their day thinking "ya, it's going to be the day I die!"
Others, will say " if they would prepare more and be safer that wouldn't happen to them" Guess what, you can't make the "other guy" prepare and be safer!
Just a few words from a father that lost his only 19 year old son in an atv accident, where the driver of a pu was in the marked trail system, on the wrong side of a wooded trail on a blind 90 deg.corner. .

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have my deepest condolences. I’ve lost a few friends over the years and all were lost because of someone else’s poor judgment.
May your son Rest In Peace and ride with the angels in heaven

·
Registered
14 Posts
You have my deepest condolences. I’ve lost a few friends over the years and all were lost because of someone else’s poor judgment.
May your son Rest In Peace and ride with the angels in heaven
Thanks BajaCharlie! I know our son is riding with the Best in Heaven! I share this story not for sympathy but to make others think about "the other guy" especially with kids riding along with them. Be safe and read BajaCharlie's post!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you VERY MUCH for this post. I’m a real noobie- first time off roader and sxs guy. Your post was full of essential info. I’m definitely adding five point harnesses FIRST.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts