Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 Deluxe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was over the moon when I finally pulled the trigger and bought the best machine I could find after doing research for many months. On August 10th I wired 35k to Polaris Mexico for my 2021 General XP 4 1000 which included 10k for all the accessories. After confirming 5-6 times the anticipated delivery date of late September from the San Jose del Cabo Polaris dealership I pushed the button and sent the $$. Late September came and went and was told for sure 100% that it would be at the dealership by mid October.

You can guess how this story goes from here. Still no factual information in regard to where this machine is. No estimated shipping date from factory with my dealer guy telling me that Polaris MX just doesn't have access to Polaris US. At this point I am starting to panic and need to get ahold of someone directly at Polaris US or Polaris MX. I have all my receipts and order #'s but they aren't recognized by the online US system. I am now at a dead end with my dealership telling me that Polaris MX has no means to identify where this particular machine physically is right now. At this point my best guess is that it hasn't been manufactured yet, and is still still months out. If that's the case then I want to request a refund and do what I should have done in the first place and make the 1700 mi round trip drive from Southern Baja where my Baja truck lives, buy it in a San Diego dealership, then drive it back down to its permanent home. Between the truck, the boat and the general I really need all three in the same location to do the kind of fishing I do regularly. Previously I had stupidly been renting a razor for $200 a day.

After pulling my 9 ton boat down Baja Highway 1 three ago, I just didn't want to make that trip again if I didn't have to. Also as this will be a street legal Baja vehicle I originally liked the idea of having it registered in MX with MX plates. In retrospect this appears to have been a bad decision on my part. As I am brand new to this forum can anyone point me in the right direction to get any of this mess figured out with Polaris Mexico or Polaris USA? I will take anything I can get at this point?

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Perhaps have your District Attorney write a letter to the selling Dealer asking about the delivery?

Or perhaps your personal attorney threatening to sue them?

Pirate

·
Registered
493 Posts
Charlie having done a lot business in Mexico over the years you need know your contact well to give them that kind of trust. I found in Mexico as here in the USA you have two kinds of people Honest and Dishonest. Having said that there are some good Mexican Business there and as Pirate has said explore your options and stay on top of it. I had to use a good Mexican Attorney on an occasion or two with great success. Wishing you good luck!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
So true amigo,
I’ve had good experiences here and bad ones while living down here full time.
Let me know if I can help.
Cheers Baja Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts