Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a question. I see on the deluxe the doors are black painted then clear coated.. Now I wonder how scratch resistant they will be? Or do u think going threw some brush or any kind of sticks will make this general look old quick ? Thanks just like to keep my machines like new but also like to ride.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't know, but I have the same concern. I have not had my General out in the brush enough to tell. Those doors sure are shiny though. The decals also look to be frail. I'm using Maxima SC1 to coat everything and hope for the best.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am waiting for others to chime in on this as well. I have never been a fan of painted plastics. I've seen too many times the paint peel in the brush. and then it really looks like crap. I am hoping that they will have a green or other color other than red that is non painted. So I guess ill be waiting until the next model year for a General. I wrote to Polaris about it and this is what they sent me--------
Thank you for contacting Polaris Industries Inc. We understand your needs for wanting different color options for our General and your feedback has been documented for continued use in our ongoing strive for customer satisfaction. As much as we would like to have more color options for the General, this is just not a possibility due to manufacturing restraints, I apologize for this inconvenience. We will however, keep this information close for improvement in the General moving forward to help us understand the color options most important to you, the consumer. When we make model year changes/improvements it is mostly based on the feedback that we receive from or riders, so your feedback is a vital tool for us to use in the developing of future model years. I would recommend speaking with your nearest General dealer, and request that they communicate directly with Polaris to see if there is something else that can be worked out for you to get the color scheme of your choice. I hope to see you riding the General soon as we would love to earn the privilege of having you as a customer. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us and refer to case number c-3566658. Thank you for contacting Polaris Customer Service. Have a great day!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I guess thinking back on this topic, my Ranger was painted Titanium gray. I had no problems with paint scratching or peeling. The doors however were full doors that were solid black plastic. They did get scratched and gouged by brush, but of course did not show a problem since solid color all the way through. The fenders and rear were painted and no issues.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
348 Posts
the first day i had mine it was perfect, as far as scratches are concerned. and i took it on a 20 min ride behind my house, just wanting to get the pain out of the way i went through a narrow path with down trees on each side rubing the whole way down both sides. now it looks like i have owned it for two years with all the scratches, down both sides. but if you clean it you can't notice it as bad but it is still there. i have the blue one, i would assume the blue and the orange one have the same paint jobs. and to go with the new scratches i hit a rock with my back wheel. got to love it

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I do not know if it is the same paint but my 2013 RZR has the blue auto paint with a clear coat and I have had it through the brush up against the trees and bumped into everything, and the most noticeable scratches and scrapes are on the roof edges and on the painted roll bar. I figure if my general looks scraped up I will end up buying a graphic package. The blue does not have the best decals and by that time they will have graphics for the general. I have never had a dirt machine that I used that looked like new after I rode it hard.

·
Registered
348 Posts
trapper i agree, they are mad for off road the are not going to look new very long. i got a quote for a friend here in town for a full body wrap and it was about $1000 bucks. thinking about going with the same color as my truck with electric blue color throw in. but that will be after i recupe some more money

·
Registered
143 Posts
Actually my dog jump up on the drivers door yesterday because he wanted to go for a ride and scratched the door pretty good so I would think it will be scratched up after my first bush ride with the gang

·
Registered
348 Posts
grey ghost. it is like a dark gray metallic color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts